Ambala accident: Absconding truck driver arrested
Ambala (Haryana): The absconding driver of a
truck, which had hit a school van resulting in the death of 12
students of a private school here, was arrested on Tuesday, police
A case had been registered against the driver identified
as Subhash, who had escaped after the accident that took place
yesterday, DCP (Rural) P K Mehta said.
He said the truck driver was arrested from Dinarpur bus
stand, close to Shahbad town near here.
The police produced him in a local court which remanded
him in two-day police custody.
A case against the management of Arjun Public School has
also been registered under various sections of the IPC, Mehta
The 12 children on their way to school were among 13
killed and 20 others injured when the overloaded van carrying
them collided with the truck in dense fog on Saha-Shahabad
road near here.
The children were in the age group of 5-8.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says