Ambala bus accident kills 12 school children
Ambala: Eleveen children on their way
to school were among 12 killed and 20 others injured when the bus
carrying them collided head-on with a truck amid heavy fog on
Saha-Shahabad road near here this morning.
Police said visibility was poor due to a thick blanket of
fog in the area and the two vehicles collided head-on.
The victims were in the age group of 5 to 8 years and
were students of Arjun Public School, a private school located
The injured have been taken to the Civil Hospital in
Senior officials of the Ambala district administration
have rushed to the accident spot to help in rescue and relief
Seven of those killed have been identified as Divya,
Rahul, Rishab, Raveesh, Pulkit, Harish and Anu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city