Ambala bus accident kills 12 school children
Ambala: Eleveen children on their way
to school were among 12 killed and 20 others injured when the bus
carrying them collided head-on with a truck amid heavy fog on
Saha-Shahabad road near here this morning.
Police said visibility was poor due to a thick blanket of
fog in the area and the two vehicles collided head-on.
The victims were in the age group of 5 to 8 years and
were students of Arjun Public School, a private school located
The injured have been taken to the Civil Hospital in
Senior officials of the Ambala district administration
have rushed to the accident spot to help in rescue and relief
Seven of those killed have been identified as Divya,
Rahul, Rishab, Raveesh, Pulkit, Harish and Anu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown