Ambala cantt: Abandoned motorbike sparks panic
Ambala: Days after an Indica car laden
with explosives was found in the Ambala Cantt railway station,
panic prevailed here again on Saturday when the Military Police
noticed a deserted motor-cycle on staff road near the office
of the Inspector General of Police.
The Military Police suspected that some explosives could
be planted in the motorbike and the civil police was informed.
Ambala`s Deputy Commissioner of Police, Shashank Anand,
and other senior police officers reached the scene.
Bomb disposal and dog squads were also summoned, Anand
told reporters adding no explosive was found on the
motor-cycle which the police took into its possession.
He said police were investigating who could have left the
vehicle in the Cantonment area.
On October 13, police had recovered 5 kg of explosives
from the Indica car which was parked outside Ambala Cantt
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Rio Olympics: Graem McDowell turns down the chance to take Rory McIlroy`s spot
- China, Russia bilateral relation has reached unprecedented level: Putin
- Anil Kumble: It's a great honour to be back in Indian dressing room in different role
- India vs Zimbabwe PHOTO: When MS Dhoni shared red-eye selfie on Facebook
- M.M. Khan murder: Manish Sisodia accuses hotelier of working under political patronage