Ambala: Gas tanker overturns, traffic disrupted
Ambala: A gas tanker carrying around
17 tons LPG gas overturned on Thursday, resulting in disruption
of vehicular traffic for about four hours.
The incident took place near Jandli Bridge when the
tanker, en route to Hoshiarpur in Punjab from Mumbai, detached
from the front engine body and overturned, police said.
However, there was no report of any untoward incident.
Two fire tenders and a technical team were deployed on the
site to deal with any eventuality.
Traffic remain suspended on the highway for four hours
and the vehicles were diverted through alternative route.
The traffic was restored after the tanker was put back on
the road with the help of five cranes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez