Ambala: Gas tanker overturns, traffic disrupted
Ambala: A gas tanker carrying around
17 tons LPG gas overturned on Thursday, resulting in disruption
of vehicular traffic for about four hours.
The incident took place near Jandli Bridge when the
tanker, en route to Hoshiarpur in Punjab from Mumbai, detached
from the front engine body and overturned, police said.
However, there was no report of any untoward incident.
Two fire tenders and a technical team were deployed on the
site to deal with any eventuality.
Traffic remain suspended on the highway for four hours
and the vehicles were diverted through alternative route.
The traffic was restored after the tanker was put back on
the road with the help of five cranes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details