Angry Haryana CM Hooda vows never to share dais with PM Narendra Modi
Zee Media Bureau/Manisha Singh
Kaithal: Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Tuesday vowed not to ever attend any event in future that Prime Minister Narendra Modi will be part of and share the dias with him.
Hooda`s reaction came after he was not allowed to speak at the foundation laying event here of 166 km Kaithal-Rajasthan border section of the National Highway-152/65.
The function was organised by the National Highways Authority of India.
Apart from Modi and Hooda, Union Surface Transport Minister Nitin Gadkari and Haryana Governor Kaptan Singh Solanki were among those present on the occasion at the Police Lines Ground.
As per reports, the crowds started shouting slogans against the Haryana CM as soon as he rose to speak. They were also chanting `Modi Modi`. It is said that the BJP functionaries were seated in the front rows of the function.
Hooda continued to speak from a prepared text but his speech was lost in the din of the crowd. Slogans were also shouted against the Congress government.
Modi apparently waved to the crowd to maintain calm but to no avail.
However, the same crowd went silent and listened to the PM in rapt attention when his turn came to speak.
This has apparently caused huge embarrassment to Hooda.
Later Hooda told the press that he will not share the stage with Modi for any event in future as BJP had violated the sanctity of the occasion.
“I will not attend any such event as in future as no respect was given to us. This was a government function and I was invited for it. But the BJP turned it into their own event,” he said.
The Rs 1,393-crore road project starts from Kaithal and ends at Haryana/Rajasthan Border, and will be completed in 30 months. It passes through Kalayat, Narwana, Barwala, Hisar and Siwani towns.
At the same function, Modi said that his government will take tough measures to eliminate the menace which is "more dangerous than cancer".
"Corruption is dangerous and spreading more dangerously than cancer. It is destroying the country. Strong steps are needed to eradicate it," he said, as per PTI.
Turning his focus on development, he said the infrastructure of the 20th century would not do in the 21st century as times have changed and "we will have to think ahead".
His government, he said, is striving to meet the aspirations of the new generation.
Haryana goes to the polls in October and Hooda is a two-time CM of the state.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy