Another baby girl abandoned in Rohtak
Rohtak: A newborn baby girl was left abandoned by her parents at the Post Graduate Institute of Medical Science (PGIMS) here, the third such incident in Haryana this month.
The condition of the underweight baby, who has been suffering from acute liver infection since her birth, is stated to be critical, officials said on Saturday.
According to PGIMS authorities, a woman, who gave her name as Ravi along with her husband had admitted the baby to the hospital on Thursday. On the same night, the parents of the baby abandoned her at the respiratory intensive care unit.
"We had to register a First Information Report (FIR) with the police on Friday when the parents did not come back even after several hours," said a doctor, adding the baby was born premature and had been diagnosed with jaundice.
She is undergoing treatment at the Respiratory Intensive Care Unit (RICU).
This is the third such incident of parents abandoning their baby girls in Haryana.
On April 18, a four-day-old girl child was found abandoned near a dustbin in Udyog Vihar in Gurgaon by a three wheeler driver.
The baby’s cries attracted the attention of drive as he was passing by the road. He halted and informed the police about the child.
The police reached the spot and took the custody of the child who was wrapped in a poly-bag and handed it over to the civil hospital.
Earlier on April 13, a couple abandoned their one-and-a-half year-old girl child at the Civil Hospital in Gurgaon.
The couple seemingly from a well-to-do family, left their girl with an old lady sitting in the compound of the Civil Hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured