Another baby girl abandoned in Rohtak
Rohtak: A newborn baby girl was left abandoned by her parents at the Post Graduate Institute of Medical Science (PGIMS) here, the third such incident in Haryana this month.
The condition of the underweight baby, who has been suffering from acute liver infection since her birth, is stated to be critical, officials said on Saturday.
According to PGIMS authorities, a woman, who gave her name as Ravi along with her husband had admitted the baby to the hospital on Thursday. On the same night, the parents of the baby abandoned her at the respiratory intensive care unit.
"We had to register a First Information Report (FIR) with the police on Friday when the parents did not come back even after several hours," said a doctor, adding the baby was born premature and had been diagnosed with jaundice.
She is undergoing treatment at the Respiratory Intensive Care Unit (RICU).
This is the third such incident of parents abandoning their baby girls in Haryana.
On April 18, a four-day-old girl child was found abandoned near a dustbin in Udyog Vihar in Gurgaon by a three wheeler driver.
The baby’s cries attracted the attention of drive as he was passing by the road. He halted and informed the police about the child.
The police reached the spot and took the custody of the child who was wrapped in a poly-bag and handed it over to the civil hospital.
Earlier on April 13, a couple abandoned their one-and-a-half year-old girl child at the Civil Hospital in Gurgaon.
The couple seemingly from a well-to-do family, left their girl with an old lady sitting in the compound of the Civil Hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- More than 8 lakh people affected by flood in UP
- Virender Sehwag fulfills Sakshi Malik's desire to meet him; this tweet tells how GLAD he is
- Asked to remove pugree at US embassy, BJP MP refuses to take visa
- Pink Ball Test: Jury still out on sighting, no reverse swing for pacers or turn for spinners
- RCom-Aircel expected to sign merger deal by Sept 1st week