Another FIR likely in Ruchika molestation case
New Delhi: The family of Ruchika Girhotra,
who committed suicide three years after her molestation by
S P S Rathore, is likely to file another FIR -- the third in
two days -- in Panchkula soon against the former Haryana DGP
for abetment of suicide.
The FIR will be lodged on the charge of abetment as the
teenager allegedly commited suicide after continuous
harassment by the former senior IPS officer.
Home Ministry sources said that during their discussions
with Home Minister P Chidambaram, Ruchika`s lawyer Pankaj
Bhardwaj, father S C Girhotra and her friend Aradhana`s father
Anand Parkash today were believed to have agreed with the
conclusion that another FIR could be lodged against Rathore.
Haryana Police had yesterday registered two FIRs on the
basis of complaints by Ruchika`s father and her brother Ashu
regarding alleged harassment of Ashu, including attempt to
murder him, and tampering with the post-mortem report of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Bihar polls: Nitish's minister Kushwaha caught on camera taking bribe, suspended from party post