Another rape case surfaces in Haryana
Rohtak: Yet another case of rape has surfaced in Haryana as a 14-year-old girl has claimed that she was sexually assaulted in Sunariya village here in the home district of Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda.
The accused identified as Sunil along with the victim`s mother, who faces charge of criminal conspiracy, were arrested today, district police spokesman Ved Singh Nain said.
According to the complaint, the minor was raped by Sunil in Sunariya village in August, but due to the pressure of her mother the girl did not inform police about the crime, he said.
The mother reprimanded her daughter rather than informing the police about the incident, Nain said.
Recently, the minor went to her relative`s residence at Lakhubuana village in Panipat district and informed one of them about the incident, he said.
The spokesman said, the girl and her relatives approached the Superintendent of Police, Panipat, and asked for an action against the accused.
The Panipat police chief asked his Rothak counterpart to register a case against the accused, he added.
"Acting swiftly, a police team raided Sunariya village today and arrested Sunil and the victim`s mother," the spokesman said.
Over 15 cases of rape have been reported in Haryana during the past two months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love