Another rape case surfaces in Haryana
Rohtak: Yet another case of rape has surfaced in Haryana as a 14-year-old girl has claimed that she was sexually assaulted in Sunariya village here in the home district of Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda.
The accused identified as Sunil along with the victim`s mother, who faces charge of criminal conspiracy, were arrested today, district police spokesman Ved Singh Nain said.
According to the complaint, the minor was raped by Sunil in Sunariya village in August, but due to the pressure of her mother the girl did not inform police about the crime, he said.
The mother reprimanded her daughter rather than informing the police about the incident, Nain said.
Recently, the minor went to her relative`s residence at Lakhubuana village in Panipat district and informed one of them about the incident, he said.
The spokesman said, the girl and her relatives approached the Superintendent of Police, Panipat, and asked for an action against the accused.
The Panipat police chief asked his Rothak counterpart to register a case against the accused, he added.
"Acting swiftly, a police team raided Sunariya village today and arrested Sunil and the victim`s mother," the spokesman said.
Over 15 cases of rape have been reported in Haryana during the past two months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi