Anti-Congress slogans at PM function in Haryana
Kaithal (Har): Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Tuesday faced some embarrassing moments when the crowds which had gathered here on the occasion of a foundation stone laying of a highway by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, raised slogans against the Congress leader and hooted him.
After Union Minister of State for Transport, Krishan Pal Gurjar and Union Transport Minister Nitin Gadkari had spoken, Hooda faced hooting from the crowds, which also raised slogans against him and the Congress government.
As Hooda hurriedly continued to read out from his prepared speech, Modi, who reached here in the afternoon by a helicopter, waved to the crowds urging them to maintain composure.
However, the crowds were in no mood to pay heed and continued to interrupt the chief minister during his speech, which was completely inaudible.
Amid hot and sultry weather conditions, the police and other security personnel faced tough time to control the crowds, which captured the media enclosure as Modi began his speech after laying the foundation stone of the highway project by pressing a button on the remote.
Besides Hooda, the other Congress leader present at the function was Haryana PWD (Bridge & Roads) Minister Randeep Singh Surjewala.
Notably, a number of BJP leaders from the state including many party MPs from Haryana, besides Birender Singh, who recently joined the saffron party after deserting Congress, were also present on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader