Anti-Congress slogans at PM function in Haryana
Kaithal (Har): Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Tuesday faced some embarrassing moments when the crowds which had gathered here on the occasion of a foundation stone laying of a highway by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, raised slogans against the Congress leader and hooted him.
After Union Minister of State for Transport, Krishan Pal Gurjar and Union Transport Minister Nitin Gadkari had spoken, Hooda faced hooting from the crowds, which also raised slogans against him and the Congress government.
As Hooda hurriedly continued to read out from his prepared speech, Modi, who reached here in the afternoon by a helicopter, waved to the crowds urging them to maintain composure.
However, the crowds were in no mood to pay heed and continued to interrupt the chief minister during his speech, which was completely inaudible.
Amid hot and sultry weather conditions, the police and other security personnel faced tough time to control the crowds, which captured the media enclosure as Modi began his speech after laying the foundation stone of the highway project by pressing a button on the remote.
Besides Hooda, the other Congress leader present at the function was Haryana PWD (Bridge & Roads) Minister Randeep Singh Surjewala.
Notably, a number of BJP leaders from the state including many party MPs from Haryana, besides Birender Singh, who recently joined the saffron party after deserting Congress, were also present on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Soon, share all kinds of files on WhatsApp; get better authentication feature
- Plea seeks imposition of Governor's rule in J&K; SC to hear matter next week
- Asthma breakthrough? Scientists find novel way to prevent the disease!
- 'Madaari' movie review: Irrfan Khan displays brilliance in this thought provoking tale
- Thai cops question UK journalist`s wife over `royal insult`