Armed robbers bid to loot bank cash foiled in Kaithal
Kaithal (Haryana): Four armed robbers
attempt to loot bank cash was foiled here on Wednesday by the
presence of mind shown by public who reacted quickly to the
situation and gave them a hot chase when they were fleeing
with the money, police said.
"As soon as the cash kept in the iron box was being moved
from the vehicle in which it was brought to be deposited with
the State Bank of India`s Subzi Mandi branch, four armed
robbers suddenly arrived and fired some shots in the air. They
then pointed their guns towards the security guard who was
present with the cash and snatched the box containing money,"
Deputy Superintendent of Police, Jagat Singh told reporters
Giving details of the daring day light robbery attempt, he
said when the robbers started running on foot with the box for
loading it into a waiting vehicle, they were given a hot chase
by the people as they moved through the busy Subzi Mandi area.
"People who were purchasing vegetables and fruits and
vendors, too, started hitting the robbers with the apples,
potatoes, onions and other vegetables. Fearing that they will
be caught, the robbers dropped the box in panic and managed to
escape," he said.
Singh said that a case had been registered under various
sections of the IPC against the suspects and police had
launched a hunt to apprehend them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars