Armed robbers bid to loot bank cash foiled in Kaithal
Kaithal (Haryana): Four armed robbers
attempt to loot bank cash was foiled here on Wednesday by the
presence of mind shown by public who reacted quickly to the
situation and gave them a hot chase when they were fleeing
with the money, police said.
"As soon as the cash kept in the iron box was being moved
from the vehicle in which it was brought to be deposited with
the State Bank of India`s Subzi Mandi branch, four armed
robbers suddenly arrived and fired some shots in the air. They
then pointed their guns towards the security guard who was
present with the cash and snatched the box containing money,"
Deputy Superintendent of Police, Jagat Singh told reporters
Giving details of the daring day light robbery attempt, he
said when the robbers started running on foot with the box for
loading it into a waiting vehicle, they were given a hot chase
by the people as they moved through the busy Subzi Mandi area.
"People who were purchasing vegetables and fruits and
vendors, too, started hitting the robbers with the apples,
potatoes, onions and other vegetables. Fearing that they will
be caught, the robbers dropped the box in panic and managed to
escape," he said.
Singh said that a case had been registered under various
sections of the IPC against the suspects and police had
launched a hunt to apprehend them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi