Armed robbers bid to loot bank cash foiled in Kaithal
Kaithal (Haryana): Four armed robbers
attempt to loot bank cash was foiled here on Wednesday by the
presence of mind shown by public who reacted quickly to the
situation and gave them a hot chase when they were fleeing
with the money, police said.
"As soon as the cash kept in the iron box was being moved
from the vehicle in which it was brought to be deposited with
the State Bank of India`s Subzi Mandi branch, four armed
robbers suddenly arrived and fired some shots in the air. They
then pointed their guns towards the security guard who was
present with the cash and snatched the box containing money,"
Deputy Superintendent of Police, Jagat Singh told reporters
Giving details of the daring day light robbery attempt, he
said when the robbers started running on foot with the box for
loading it into a waiting vehicle, they were given a hot chase
by the people as they moved through the busy Subzi Mandi area.
"People who were purchasing vegetables and fruits and
vendors, too, started hitting the robbers with the apples,
potatoes, onions and other vegetables. Fearing that they will
be caught, the robbers dropped the box in panic and managed to
escape," he said.
Singh said that a case had been registered under various
sections of the IPC against the suspects and police had
launched a hunt to apprehend them.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India