Armed with Anna CD, team starts campaign in Hisar
Hisar: Armed with a recorded message by social activist Anna Hazare, some of his team members will on Saturday begin their anti-corruption and anti-Congress campaign from here ahead of the upcoming Lok Sabha bypoll.
Team Anna members -- Right to Information (RTI) activist Arvind Kejriwal and Hazare`s associate Manish Sisodia -- will begin the campaign by holding small meetings in areas within the Hisar Lok Sabha constituency.
The by-election to the Hisar seat, to be held on October 13, was necessitated after former chief minister and sitting MP Bhajan Lal`s death in June.
Kejriwal will begin his anti-Congress campaign from the Narnaund area of the constituency.
Former police officer Kiran Bedi and lawyer Prashant Bhushan are also likely to visit in the next couple of days.
Hazare himself is not scheduled to come here for the campaign though his recorded message will be played for the people, activists of anti-corruption forum here said.
In his video message, Hazare has called upon voters not to vote for the Congress as the party was opposed to bringing about an effective Lokpal Bill.
The contest for this seat is tough for the three main players -- Kuldeep Bishnoi of the Haryana Janhit Congress (HJC) who is son of the late Bhajan Lal, Indian National Lok Dal`s (INLD) Ajay Chautala who is son of former chief minister Om Prakash Chautala, and three-time former MP Jai Prakash of the Congress.
Stakes are high for all three parties and their candidates. Hisar was the only seat the Congress could not win out of the state`s 10 Lok Sabha seats in the 2009 general elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees