Army school teacher booked for molestation
Panchkula: A school music teacher has gone missing after being accused of sexually harassing five girl students and police conducted raids in Haryana and Chandigarh Monday to nab him, police here said.
Sham Bahadur Thapa, a teacher at the Army Public School, was booked on Sunday for allegedly sexually harassing Class 5 students on the basis of a complaint from school principal NR Baberwal.
"We received a complaint against Thapa from the school principal here. We raided his house in Sector 25 (in Panchkula) late Sunday but did not find him there. We are raiding various places in Haryana and Chandigarh in search of the accused teacher," a police official said.
"Thapa`s mobile phone has been put on surveillance and we are hopeful of arresting him soon. We would record the statements of victim students, their parents and the school authorities."
Baberwal registered the first information report (FIR) after he got complaints from the parents of five female students against the music teacher. The school authorities suspended Thapa with immediate effect.
Army Public School, which is over 25 years old, is situated at Chandimandir army cantonment area here, around 10 km from Chandigarh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- China's finance minister sees ''Brexit'' heightening uncertainty for markets
- Is Aamir Khan scared of 'Sultan'? Here's what Salman Khan has to say
- Nissan creates GT-R Drone to match the updated 2017 GT-R
- Neighbouring country trying to destabilise India: Rajnath
- Mahindra First Choice Services enter West Bengal