Arrest culprits in acid case without delay: Hooda
Chandigarh: Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Monday directed the police to arrest two youths, who allegedly threw acid on a teenaged volleyball player in Rohtak on Saturday evening, without any delay.
Taking a serious note of the incident, Hooda said that the accused will not be spared and would be punished for their act.
The Chief Minister, who was interacting with the guardians of 18-year-old victim Ritu Saini in Rohtak today, also assured necessary financial help to the budding state player.
The government would take stern action against such anti-social elements, he said.
The victim was admitted to the PGIMS at Rohtak after the incident, with over 20 per cent burn injuries.
Unidentified youths riding a motorcycle had thrown acid at her face in Rohtak, which is the Chief Minister`s home district.
The opposition stepped up its attack on the Hooda government after the incident, which came close on the heels of a gangrape of another teenaged girl studying in all-women university in Sonepat.
Prior to these two incidents, on May 10, a team of National Council for Protection of Child Rights had raided a shelter home in Rohtak, following allegations of sexual abuse of children lodged there.
Opposition parties INLD and BJP-HJC combine have lashed out at the government for worsening law and order situation in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Bihar polls: Alert sounded ahead of PM Modi's rallies in Bihar
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook