Arrest culprits in acid case without delay: Hooda
Chandigarh: Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Monday directed the police to arrest two youths, who allegedly threw acid on a teenaged volleyball player in Rohtak on Saturday evening, without any delay.
Taking a serious note of the incident, Hooda said that the accused will not be spared and would be punished for their act.
The Chief Minister, who was interacting with the guardians of 18-year-old victim Ritu Saini in Rohtak today, also assured necessary financial help to the budding state player.
The government would take stern action against such anti-social elements, he said.
The victim was admitted to the PGIMS at Rohtak after the incident, with over 20 per cent burn injuries.
Unidentified youths riding a motorcycle had thrown acid at her face in Rohtak, which is the Chief Minister`s home district.
The opposition stepped up its attack on the Hooda government after the incident, which came close on the heels of a gangrape of another teenaged girl studying in all-women university in Sonepat.
Prior to these two incidents, on May 10, a team of National Council for Protection of Child Rights had raided a shelter home in Rohtak, following allegations of sexual abuse of children lodged there.
Opposition parties INLD and BJP-HJC combine have lashed out at the government for worsening law and order situation in the state.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan