Arrested police official attempts suicide in Harya
Gurgaon: A police official who was caught red handed while accepting bribe in this Haryana city consumed poison in the lock-up early Saturday. His condition is stable, police said.
Station House Officer (SHO) of Sadar police station Sajjan Singh was arrested Friday with his tout Sanjay Gupta for taking Rs 1 lakh bribe for excluding the name of Rajender Singh from a first information report (FIR).
He was arrested by Haryana vigilance department.
Sajjan Singh tried to end his life by consuming a mosquito repellent coil.
The duo was arrested on the complaint of Rajender Singh, a resident of Laxman Vihar here who alleged that the officer demanded Rs 1 lakh as bribe for excluding his name from an FIR from a case of cheating.
"He (Sajjan Singh) demanded a mosquito repellent coil in the lock-up. During early hours, he consumed the coil," a vigilance officer, who did not wish to be named, told a news agency.
He was taken to hospital Saturday morning.
"We have removed the pieces of coil from his abdomen. His vitals are stable and we are referring the patient to Delhi for special tests," Hazari Lal, casualty head of the civil hospital, told the news agency.
On Friday, the vigilance officials laid a trap. Rajender Singh handed over the money laced with powder to Sanjay Gupta. He went to the police station to hand over the money to Sajjan Singh, where both were caught red handed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof