Ashok Khemka to be chargesheeted again by Haryana govt
Zee Media Bureau
Chandigarh: The Haryana government on Thursday gave its nod to the state authorities to file another chargesheet against senior IAS officer Ashok Khemka, who had blown the lid off the land deals done by UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi`s son-in-law Robert Vadra in the state.
Khemka is likely to be given a major penalty under the service rules, sources claimed.
Khemka has been charged with administrative misconduct and exceeding jurisdiction while cancelling the mutation of the Rs 58 crore land deal between Vadra`s company, Skylight Hospitality, and realty giant DLF in October 2012.
He had also ordered an inquiry into the undervaluation of land deals done in four districts in Haryana, adjoining New Delhi, by Vadra.
Both orders were passed by Khemka after he had been transferred as director general, consolidation and inspector general, registration by the state government. While he was transferred on Oct 11, the orders were passed Oct 12 and 15.
Khemka had claimed that the orders were passed when he had not relinquished charge of these posts.
He has also being chargesheeted for going against service rules by going to the media openly and even criticizing government policies. Khemka had freely given TV and other media interviews while Vadra`s land controversies came out.
Embarrassed by Khemka`s actions and statements, the Bhupinder Singh Hooda-led Congress government had set up a three-member committee of three senior IAS officers to look into the issue.
The committee, in its report, had stated that Khemka`s actions amounted the administrative misconduct and exceeding jurisdiction. The committee gave its report even without calling or examining Khemka once.
Khemka`s 105-page reply to the committee`s report, in which he highlighted various other land scams and sham deals and companies associated with Vadra and other influential people, was not accepted by the Haryana government.
The committee report was forwarded by Chief Secretary PK Chaudhary to Hooda recently. Hooda has now given his approval to chargesheet Khemka.
The major penalty, under All-India Service Rules, could include dismissal from service.
With IANS inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’