Ashok Khemka to get security: Haryana CM
Chandigarh: Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Friday said senior IAS officer Ashok Khemka would be provided security cover.
The announcement follows two threats to Khemka within a fortnight and his request to the state government for security.
Talking to mediapersons in Panchkula near here, Hooda said he had already directed the chief secretary and director general of police to provide security to Khemka.
"It is the responsibility of the state government to provide security as and when required by anybody," Hooda said.
Khemka has been in the news for cancelling the mutation of a Rs 58-crore land deal between Robert Vadra, son-in-law of Congress president Sonia Gandhi, and realty giant DLF.
The Haryana Police had on Thursday begun preliminary investigations following a complaint that Khemka had received a threat call on his official landline phone.
The call was received on Wednesday in the office of Khemka, who is presently posted as managing director of the Haryana Seeds Development Corporation. The complaint was filed by a functionary of Khemka`s office.
He said he had received threats on his phone last month after he cancelled the mutation of the land deal between Vadra`s company, Sky Light Hospitality, and DLF.
Khemka had marked an inquiry into the land deals made by Vadra in Haryana`s four districts since 2005.
He was later transferred out as director general, consolidation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands