Ashok Khemka to get security: Haryana CM
Chandigarh: Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Friday said senior IAS officer Ashok Khemka would be provided security cover.
The announcement follows two threats to Khemka within a fortnight and his request to the state government for security.
Talking to mediapersons in Panchkula near here, Hooda said he had already directed the chief secretary and director general of police to provide security to Khemka.
"It is the responsibility of the state government to provide security as and when required by anybody," Hooda said.
Khemka has been in the news for cancelling the mutation of a Rs 58-crore land deal between Robert Vadra, son-in-law of Congress president Sonia Gandhi, and realty giant DLF.
The Haryana Police had on Thursday begun preliminary investigations following a complaint that Khemka had received a threat call on his official landline phone.
The call was received on Wednesday in the office of Khemka, who is presently posted as managing director of the Haryana Seeds Development Corporation. The complaint was filed by a functionary of Khemka`s office.
He said he had received threats on his phone last month after he cancelled the mutation of the land deal between Vadra`s company, Sky Light Hospitality, and DLF.
Khemka had marked an inquiry into the land deals made by Vadra in Haryana`s four districts since 2005.
He was later transferred out as director general, consolidation.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'