Ashok Khemka to get security: Haryana CM
Chandigarh: Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Friday said senior IAS officer Ashok Khemka would be provided security cover.
The announcement follows two threats to Khemka within a fortnight and his request to the state government for security.
Talking to mediapersons in Panchkula near here, Hooda said he had already directed the chief secretary and director general of police to provide security to Khemka.
"It is the responsibility of the state government to provide security as and when required by anybody," Hooda said.
Khemka has been in the news for cancelling the mutation of a Rs 58-crore land deal between Robert Vadra, son-in-law of Congress president Sonia Gandhi, and realty giant DLF.
The Haryana Police had on Thursday begun preliminary investigations following a complaint that Khemka had received a threat call on his official landline phone.
The call was received on Wednesday in the office of Khemka, who is presently posted as managing director of the Haryana Seeds Development Corporation. The complaint was filed by a functionary of Khemka`s office.
He said he had received threats on his phone last month after he cancelled the mutation of the land deal between Vadra`s company, Sky Light Hospitality, and DLF.
Khemka had marked an inquiry into the land deals made by Vadra in Haryana`s four districts since 2005.
He was later transferred out as director general, consolidation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Want a better life? Practice these 5 habits – Watch video
- Toyota launches new engine facility in Bengaluru
- Rio-bound boxer Manoj Kumar reaches out to PM Narendra Modi – Here's why
- Subramanian Swamy denies targeting Arun Jaitley, says he looks very smart in a coat
- PM Modi launches Smart City projects in Pune, calls it "People's Mission"