Ashok Khemka`s charge sheet an administrative matter: Hooda
Rohtak: Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Friday described the Haryana government`s decision to charge sheet IAS officer Ashok Khemka as an administrative matter and said everything was done according to the rules.
There were incidents in the past of IAS officers being charge sheeted in the state and it was the responsibility of the concerned officer to submit a reply, he said while responding to questions from journalists on the action against Khemka.
The senior IAS officer was charge sheeted by Haryana government in connection with cancellation of land deal between Robert Vadra and DLF in October last year.
The charge sheet was delivered at Khemka`s residence in his absence on Wednesday and the 1991-batch IAS officer has been given a fortnight to reply.
The seven-page charge sheet against the bureaucrat, who is at present Secretary to Haryana Government`s Archives Department, mainly dealt with the issue of alleged administrative misconduct and damage caused to the reputation of Vadra and realty giant DLF.
It also touched upon issues relating to his going to the media after cancellation of the mutation, criticising the state government`s policy and not immediately giving up charge of his post despite having been transferred, officials had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Grand Welcome for champions: After Telangana, Andhra Pradesh government felicitates PV Sindhu, Pullela Gopichand
- Google rolls out Android Nougat, Nexus phones to get it first
- Watch: Sonakshi Sinha, Remo D'souza's 'Beat Pe Booty' will make you want to hit dance floor too
- Watch: ISIS-style kidnapping of BJP leader's son by ULFA militants in Assam
- Apple boosts health while Microsoft revs machine smarts