Assembly elections in Haryana to be held on schedule: Hooda
Rohtak (Har): Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Wednesday ruled out the possibility of holding the state Assembly elections, due later this year, along with the April-May Lok Sabha polls.
"The state Assembly will complete its full term and state elections would be held on scheduled time, which is September-October this year," Hooda told reporters here when asked about the possibility of the two polls being held together.
On being asked to comment on leaders leaving parent political parties to join other outfits, he said nothing could be said about "migratory birds".
"People who are loyal and have faith in Congress would always remain attached to it," he said.
In reply to another question, Hooda said the party would give opportunity to new candidates to contest elections from Gurgaon, Hisar and Ambala seats in the forthcoming Lok Sabha elections.
While rebel Congress MP from Gurgaon Rao Inderjit Singh has already made it clear that he will not contest future polls on Congress ticket, Congress MP from Ambala Kumari Selja is set to enter the Rajya Sabha while Hisar is at present represented by Haryana Janhit Congress leader Kuldeep Bishnoi.
Asked about Congress` Sonepat MP Jitender Malik declaring that he would not contest the coming Lok Sabha polls from the constituency and would rather prefer to fight the state Assembly polls, Hooda said he had not been told by any MP regarding not contesting the elections.
A meeting of party`s screening committee for new candidates had been conducted and the result was awaited, he added.
To another question, Hooda said he agreed with AICC Vice President Rahul Gandhi over active participation of youth in politics and favoured that they should be given more representation.
On being asked to comment on water issue between Delhi and Haryana, Hooda said presently his state was supplying more water to Delhi than its share.
"Munak Canal is ready and in case there is no cut, round the clock water supply could be ensured," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31