ATM agency employee arrested for looting Rs 22.05 lakh
Kaithal: A youth was on Monday arrested for allegedly breaking open an ATM of a public sector bank at Karnal road and looting Rs 22.05 lakh from it on Thursday.
The accused is an employee of an agency permitted by the bank to put currency notes in the ATM, police said.
Parveen Kumar was aware of the system of the ATM, including the password required to open it, police said.
The accused took out an amount of Rs 22.05 lakh from the ATM and damaged CCTV and other equipments installed on the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley