ATM agency employee arrested for looting Rs 22.05 lakh
Kaithal: A youth was on Monday arrested for allegedly breaking open an ATM of a public sector bank at Karnal road and looting Rs 22.05 lakh from it on Thursday.
The accused is an employee of an agency permitted by the bank to put currency notes in the ATM, police said.
Parveen Kumar was aware of the system of the ATM, including the password required to open it, police said.
The accused took out an amount of Rs 22.05 lakh from the ATM and damaged CCTV and other equipments installed on the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter