Authorities put Rs.8,000 fine for stray cattle in Gurgaon
Chandigarh: Stray cattle are clearly not helping Gurgaon, a satellite town of the national capital, to project itself as a Millennium City. So, town authorities have now decided to come down heavily on the owners of stray cattle.
The Municipal Corporation of Gurgaon (MCG) said the owner would have to shell out Rs.8,000 in penalty for securing the release of his straying cattle head from the pen. The fine earlier was Rs.1,500.
A special campaign was launched Friday till Aug 31 to catch stray cattle in the city.
"As per the plan, no stray cattle would be seen wandering in the city by Jan 1 next year. The MCG has constructed a `Gaushala` (cattle pen) in a nearby village Kartarpuri. It has been built on five acres of land at a cost of about Rs.1 crore," said Municipal Commissioner Rajesh Khullar.
The MCG has impounded 980 stray cattle head found roaming the town streets since Mar 3 this year.
To encourage the MCG staff to impound more stray cattle, the authorities have raised the incentive money to Rs.15 per cattle head caught.
Khullar said the job of catching stray pigs has been given to the NGO `People For Animals`. He said that pigs once caught would not be released in any case.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know