Bad weather led to Faridabad crash: DGCA
Faridabad: Preliminary probe by aviation
regulator DGCA into the Faridabad air crash that claimed ten
lives on Thursday pointed towards technical malfunction and high
velocity winds as possible major reasons for the mishap.
Sources close to probe team of the Directorate General of
Civil Aviation said the small single-engine turboprop Pilatus
PC 12 aircraft could not apparently withstand the strong winds
and a storm in the area and the pilots probably lost control,
leading to the crash last night.
Minutes before the crash, the commander of the ill-fated
plane, Capt Harpreet, reported to the Air Traffic Control
(ATC) in Delhi that he was facing bad weather, the sources
said, adding that he was asked by the ATC not to descend.
The preliminary report of the probe has been submitted to
the Civil Aviation Ministry, they said.
Civil Aviation Secretary Nasim Zaidi said in Delhi that a
Committee of Inquiry has been set up by the Ministry to probe
all aspects of the accident.
The ill-fated Swiss-made aircraft had a capacity to carry
nine passengers and two pilots. The plane belonging to the Air
Charter Services India Private Limited had crashed just 15
minutes before landing at the Delhi IGI airport killing seven
people onboard and three - all women - on ground.
The sources said only 60 per cent of the entire aircraft,
including parts of its fuselage and the tail, have been found
and the remaining portion, including the cockpit, has been
completely damaged and charred in the blaze.
The Flight Data Recorder and the Cockpit Voice Recorder
(CVR) or the black box are not installed in small planes like
the one which crashed, the sources said.
The six-member DGCA team inspected the crash site,
conducted wreckage-spotting and took photographs to study the
impact, and how the aircraft crashed, when and where it hit
the houses and where the bodies were found.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical