Bahadurgarh set to be on Metro map
New Delhi: Bahadurgarh in Haryana will become the second town in Haryana to be connected with the national capital through Delhi Metro as the foundation stone for construction of a 12-km corridor was laid on Saturday.
Urban Development Minister Kamal Nath and Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda jointly laid the foundation stone for the construction of the nearly 12km Metro corridor between Mundka and Bahadurgarh at Sector 9, Bahadurgarh today.
The 11.181 kilometre long corridor between Mundka and Bahadurgarh will be entirely elevated with seven stations -- four in Delhi and three in Haryana.
It will be an extension of the already operational Inderlok-Mundka corridor (Line 5) and will run on standard gauge.
An agreement regarding the same was also signed between the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) and Haryana Urban Development Authority (HUDA).
To be built at a cost of Rs 1,991 crore, the corridor will be completed by March 2016.
The Metro corridor will run along National Highway -10 (Rohtak Road) on an elevated viaduct and the expected daily ridership by the year 2016 will be 1.42 lakh which would increase to 1.97 lakh by 2021.
The civil construction work of this corridor is expected to start by July and areas which will benefit by this corridor are Mundka, Ghevra, Tikri Kalan in Delhi and parts of Bahadurgarh in Jhajjar district of Haryana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks