Bahadurgarh set to be on Metro map
New Delhi: Bahadurgarh in Haryana will become the second town in Haryana to be connected with the national capital through Delhi Metro as the foundation stone for construction of a 12-km corridor was laid on Saturday.
Urban Development Minister Kamal Nath and Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda jointly laid the foundation stone for the construction of the nearly 12km Metro corridor between Mundka and Bahadurgarh at Sector 9, Bahadurgarh today.
The 11.181 kilometre long corridor between Mundka and Bahadurgarh will be entirely elevated with seven stations -- four in Delhi and three in Haryana.
It will be an extension of the already operational Inderlok-Mundka corridor (Line 5) and will run on standard gauge.
An agreement regarding the same was also signed between the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) and Haryana Urban Development Authority (HUDA).
To be built at a cost of Rs 1,991 crore, the corridor will be completed by March 2016.
The Metro corridor will run along National Highway -10 (Rohtak Road) on an elevated viaduct and the expected daily ridership by the year 2016 will be 1.42 lakh which would increase to 1.97 lakh by 2021.
The civil construction work of this corridor is expected to start by July and areas which will benefit by this corridor are Mundka, Ghevra, Tikri Kalan in Delhi and parts of Bahadurgarh in Jhajjar district of Haryana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price