Bahadurgarh set to be on Metro map
New Delhi: Bahadurgarh in Haryana will become the second town in Haryana to be connected with the national capital through Delhi Metro as the foundation stone for construction of a 12-km corridor was laid on Saturday.
Urban Development Minister Kamal Nath and Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda jointly laid the foundation stone for the construction of the nearly 12km Metro corridor between Mundka and Bahadurgarh at Sector 9, Bahadurgarh today.
The 11.181 kilometre long corridor between Mundka and Bahadurgarh will be entirely elevated with seven stations -- four in Delhi and three in Haryana.
It will be an extension of the already operational Inderlok-Mundka corridor (Line 5) and will run on standard gauge.
An agreement regarding the same was also signed between the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) and Haryana Urban Development Authority (HUDA).
To be built at a cost of Rs 1,991 crore, the corridor will be completed by March 2016.
The Metro corridor will run along National Highway -10 (Rohtak Road) on an elevated viaduct and the expected daily ridership by the year 2016 will be 1.42 lakh which would increase to 1.97 lakh by 2021.
The civil construction work of this corridor is expected to start by July and areas which will benefit by this corridor are Mundka, Ghevra, Tikri Kalan in Delhi and parts of Bahadurgarh in Jhajjar district of Haryana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : Dr. Subhash Chandra Show on tips for successful life
- Solar Impulse 2 lands in Spain, completes world's first Atlantic flight
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- Brexit 'wake-up call for Europe', says Austrian President Heinz Fischer
- SHOCKING! Islamic State-linked Saudi twin brothers attack own family, stab mother
- Sri Lanka's parliament votes in favour of right to information bill
- WATCH: What a dance! Sizzling performance by IIT-Delhi girls on Sunny Leone's Baby Doll - You'll go mad!
- SHAME! Labourer demands wages; employer beats him to death