Bahadurgarh set to be on Metro map
New Delhi: Bahadurgarh in Haryana will become the second town in Haryana to be connected with the national capital through Delhi Metro as the foundation stone for construction of a 12-km corridor was laid on Saturday.
Urban Development Minister Kamal Nath and Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda jointly laid the foundation stone for the construction of the nearly 12km Metro corridor between Mundka and Bahadurgarh at Sector 9, Bahadurgarh today.
The 11.181 kilometre long corridor between Mundka and Bahadurgarh will be entirely elevated with seven stations -- four in Delhi and three in Haryana.
It will be an extension of the already operational Inderlok-Mundka corridor (Line 5) and will run on standard gauge.
An agreement regarding the same was also signed between the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) and Haryana Urban Development Authority (HUDA).
To be built at a cost of Rs 1,991 crore, the corridor will be completed by March 2016.
The Metro corridor will run along National Highway -10 (Rohtak Road) on an elevated viaduct and the expected daily ridership by the year 2016 will be 1.42 lakh which would increase to 1.97 lakh by 2021.
The civil construction work of this corridor is expected to start by July and areas which will benefit by this corridor are Mundka, Ghevra, Tikri Kalan in Delhi and parts of Bahadurgarh in Jhajjar district of Haryana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- After Azhar, Harbhajan Singh visits Navjot Singh Sidhu in hospital!