Bhiwani double murder: Haryana cops announce reward of Rs 2 lakh
Chandigarh: Police on Friday announced a reward of Rs two lakh for any information on a notorious criminal who allegedly killed two brothers in this district on Thursday.
Bhiwani`s Superintendent of Police, Simardeep Singh said police teams were searching for Kolbir, a resident of village Bond Kalan and the main accused in the double murder case.
The situation in the village which had been tense following the murders was peaceful on Friday.
On Thursday, an irate mob allegedly torched a police station in the village, burnt three jeeps and some motorcycles that were parked outside, clashed with the police leaving 12 persons, including four cops injured and blocked the highway connecting Rohtak with Narnaul and Dadri.
The villagers alleged that cops had failed to take any action against Kolbir who killed the two brothers in the village on Wednesday. They also alleged that Kolbir was a proclaimed offender who had jumped parole and had been harassing the villagers.
The villagers have given police time till Saturday to arrest the accused or face agitation.
There are four others also wanted in the case, all of whom are on the run.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door