Bickering in Haryana Cong after Hisar defeat
Chandigarh: Internal bickering in the Haryana
Congress today came to the fore with the party "unanimously"
passing a resolution demanding action against all those who
"sabotaged" the party nominees` chances in the Hisar Lok Sabha
Ruling Congress nominee Jai Prakash finished a poor third
failing to save even his security deposit in the bypoll in
which the HJC-BJP combine nominee Kuldeep Bishnoi won
defeating his nearest rival Ajay Singh Chautala (INLD) by
The resolution demanding action "against all those who
sabotaged party candidate`s prospects" was passed unanimously
at a General Body meeting of the Haryana Pradesh Congress
Committee (HPCC) presided over by state unit Chief Phool Chand
Mullana and attended among others by Chief Minister Bhupinder
Singh Hooda, who had got the nomination for Jai Parkash.
A party spokesman said the resolution did not name anyone
except saying that those holding responsible positions within
the party had not acted in a responsible manner and sabotaged
party nominee`s chances.
The resolution along with a detailed report on the party`s
performance in the bypoll would be sent to Congress General
Secretary B K Hariprasad, who is also the incharge of party
affairs in Haryana.
"The High Command should take action against all those
who sabotaged the party`s prospects at Hisar," the resolution
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- China hopes for early talks with Phillipines on South China Sea
- US military aids Turkey with air cover, intelligence in anti-ISIS operation in Syria
- Record German budget surplus fuels investment debate
- Indian-origin siblings forced off easyJet plane over 'ISIS claims'
- NC delegation meets Rajnath Singh, demands ban on pellet guns use in J&K