Bickering in Haryana Cong after Hisar defeat
Chandigarh: Internal bickering in the Haryana
Congress today came to the fore with the party "unanimously"
passing a resolution demanding action against all those who
"sabotaged" the party nominees` chances in the Hisar Lok Sabha
Ruling Congress nominee Jai Prakash finished a poor third
failing to save even his security deposit in the bypoll in
which the HJC-BJP combine nominee Kuldeep Bishnoi won
defeating his nearest rival Ajay Singh Chautala (INLD) by
The resolution demanding action "against all those who
sabotaged party candidate`s prospects" was passed unanimously
at a General Body meeting of the Haryana Pradesh Congress
Committee (HPCC) presided over by state unit Chief Phool Chand
Mullana and attended among others by Chief Minister Bhupinder
Singh Hooda, who had got the nomination for Jai Parkash.
A party spokesman said the resolution did not name anyone
except saying that those holding responsible positions within
the party had not acted in a responsible manner and sabotaged
party nominee`s chances.
The resolution along with a detailed report on the party`s
performance in the bypoll would be sent to Congress General
Secretary B K Hariprasad, who is also the incharge of party
affairs in Haryana.
"The High Command should take action against all those
who sabotaged the party`s prospects at Hisar," the resolution
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'