Biker crushed to death, villagers block NH
Rohtak: A 38-year-old man was crushed to
death on Sunday by a Haryana roadways bus on a national highway
here following which angry villagers blocked traffic.
Ishwar Singh, a resident of Gandhar village, was on his
motorbike when the the bus hit him near Gandhra turn on the
National Highway (NH) 10.
The driver fled from the scene.
Angry villagers blocked traffic after placing the body
of the deceased on the highway.
They demanded adequate compensation for the bereaved
family and construction of an underpass at the Gandhra turn to
prevent recurrence of such accidents.
The protesters lifted the blockade after top district
and police officers assured them that their demands would be
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Shocking! Two lions killed as man jumps into enclosure in attempt to commit suicide - Watch video
- Lord Hanuman's idols are fully smeared with sindoor – Here's why
- These car companies are offering purchase discount of upto Rs 1 lakh
- Actor-turned-politician Roopa Ganguly injured in 'Trinamool' attack
- Captured: Witness 70 tiger sharks ripping apart a dead whale! - Watch video