Biker crushed to death, villagers block NH
Rohtak: A 38-year-old man was crushed to
death on Sunday by a Haryana roadways bus on a national highway
here following which angry villagers blocked traffic.
Ishwar Singh, a resident of Gandhar village, was on his
motorbike when the the bus hit him near Gandhra turn on the
National Highway (NH) 10.
The driver fled from the scene.
Angry villagers blocked traffic after placing the body
of the deceased on the highway.
They demanded adequate compensation for the bereaved
family and construction of an underpass at the Gandhra turn to
prevent recurrence of such accidents.
The protesters lifted the blockade after top district
and police officers assured them that their demands would be
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport
- Colombia peace deal to be signed late September