Biker crushed to death, villagers block NH
Rohtak: A 38-year-old man was crushed to
death on Sunday by a Haryana roadways bus on a national highway
here following which angry villagers blocked traffic.
Ishwar Singh, a resident of Gandhar village, was on his
motorbike when the the bus hit him near Gandhra turn on the
National Highway (NH) 10.
The driver fled from the scene.
Angry villagers blocked traffic after placing the body
of the deceased on the highway.
They demanded adequate compensation for the bereaved
family and construction of an underpass at the Gandhra turn to
prevent recurrence of such accidents.
The protesters lifted the blockade after top district
and police officers assured them that their demands would be
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- Stand by what I said about RSS, will never stop fighting its hateful agenda: Rahul Gandhi
- Mercedes to have petrol option for all models in India by September
- Battled empty seats at Olympics but Rio organisers witness record as 133,000 tickets get sold in 1 day for Paralympic Games
- PM Narendra Modi's brother raises arrest of dhaba owner with Indore police chief
- Adani Food's pulses processing unit proposal in SEZ rejected