Biker crushed to death, villagers block NH
Rohtak: A 38-year-old man was crushed to
death on Sunday by a Haryana roadways bus on a national highway
here following which angry villagers blocked traffic.
Ishwar Singh, a resident of Gandhar village, was on his
motorbike when the the bus hit him near Gandhra turn on the
National Highway (NH) 10.
The driver fled from the scene.
Angry villagers blocked traffic after placing the body
of the deceased on the highway.
They demanded adequate compensation for the bereaved
family and construction of an underpass at the Gandhra turn to
prevent recurrence of such accidents.
The protesters lifted the blockade after top district
and police officers assured them that their demands would be
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!