Biker crushed to death, villagers block NH
Rohtak: A 38-year-old man was crushed to
death on Sunday by a Haryana roadways bus on a national highway
here following which angry villagers blocked traffic.
Ishwar Singh, a resident of Gandhar village, was on his
motorbike when the the bus hit him near Gandhra turn on the
National Highway (NH) 10.
The driver fled from the scene.
Angry villagers blocked traffic after placing the body
of the deceased on the highway.
They demanded adequate compensation for the bereaved
family and construction of an underpass at the Gandhra turn to
prevent recurrence of such accidents.
The protesters lifted the blockade after top district
and police officers assured them that their demands would be
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read