Bishnoi demands removal of Haryana Assembly speaker
New Delhi: Haryana Janhit Congress (HJC) chief Kuldeep Bishnoi on Wednesday hit out at Assembly Speaker Kuldeep Sharma for making objectionable remarks against him and demanded that he be removed immediately.
"He (Speaker) has destroyed the prestige of the position he holds. After using derogatory language against me, he should not stay as Speaker even for a minute," said the Janhit Congress leader.
The Haryana Assembly Speaker had called Bishnoi "fukra" (loafer).
Bishnoi said he intends to meet Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar to seek removal of Sharma.
The Speaker had made the comments after dismissing a petition of HJC seeking disqualification of five party MLAs who had crossed over to Congress.
Bishnoi said the Speaker`s decision was not surprising as Sharma had been openly declaring that he was a Congress man when he was supposed to be neutral.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Live: Jayalalithaa dies at 68 after suffering cardiac arrest; mortal remains brought to her official residence
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what