Bishnoi demands removal of Haryana Assembly speaker
New Delhi: Haryana Janhit Congress (HJC) chief Kuldeep Bishnoi on Wednesday hit out at Assembly Speaker Kuldeep Sharma for making objectionable remarks against him and demanded that he be removed immediately.
"He (Speaker) has destroyed the prestige of the position he holds. After using derogatory language against me, he should not stay as Speaker even for a minute," said the Janhit Congress leader.
The Haryana Assembly Speaker had called Bishnoi "fukra" (loafer).
Bishnoi said he intends to meet Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar to seek removal of Sharma.
The Speaker had made the comments after dismissing a petition of HJC seeking disqualification of five party MLAs who had crossed over to Congress.
Bishnoi said the Speaker`s decision was not surprising as Sharma had been openly declaring that he was a Congress man when he was supposed to be neutral.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor