Bishnoi demands removal of Haryana Assembly speaker
New Delhi: Haryana Janhit Congress (HJC) chief Kuldeep Bishnoi on Wednesday hit out at Assembly Speaker Kuldeep Sharma for making objectionable remarks against him and demanded that he be removed immediately.
"He (Speaker) has destroyed the prestige of the position he holds. After using derogatory language against me, he should not stay as Speaker even for a minute," said the Janhit Congress leader.
The Haryana Assembly Speaker had called Bishnoi "fukra" (loafer).
Bishnoi said he intends to meet Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar to seek removal of Sharma.
The Speaker had made the comments after dismissing a petition of HJC seeking disqualification of five party MLAs who had crossed over to Congress.
Bishnoi said the Speaker`s decision was not surprising as Sharma had been openly declaring that he was a Congress man when he was supposed to be neutral.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!