BJP demands CBI probe into Rohtak shelter home incident
Chandigarh: BJP on Tuesday demanded a CBI probe into the Rohtak `Apna Ghar` shelter home incident which has been in the news for alleged sexual abuse and torture of its inmates.
The Haryana unit of the BJP led by its President Krishan Pal Gurjar and other leaders, including Rattan Lal Kataria, Kishen Singh Sangwan, both former MPs, Ram Bilas Sharma and Veer Kumar Yadav, met Governor, Jagannath Pahadia here and demanded a probe by the premier investigating agency.
"It is shameful that the Hooda government had been in deep slumber, even as heinous acts were going on in the shelter home in Rohtak, the Chief Minister`s home district.
"Allegations are that the shelter home owner enjoyed patronage from powerful people and illegal acts were going on there for a long time and even the State CID department did not get a wind of this," Gurjar said after submitting a memorandum to the Governor.
He said it was astonishing that the shelter home owner was conferred with an award by the government.
Yesterday, the Haryana Government withdrew the women`s empowerment award it had conferred on Jaswanti Devi, who ran the shelter home in Rohtak.
Gurjar also said that the party had also demanded a CBI probe into the killing of a person Rajbir Yadav of Prahladgarh village in Bhiwani district, claiming that his murder was shrouded in mystery owing its connection to the powers that be.
Meanwhile, Congress leader Master Hari Singh, who also served as Political Advisor to former Chief Minister, late Bansi Lal and earlier remained political secretary of INLD President and former Chief Minister, Om Prakash Chautala, today announced his decision to join the BJP.
"This is just the beginning. Every month, you will find leaders joining our (HJC-BJP) alliance," Gurjar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why