BJP demands CBI probe into Rohtak shelter home incident
Chandigarh: BJP on Tuesday demanded a CBI probe into the Rohtak `Apna Ghar` shelter home incident which has been in the news for alleged sexual abuse and torture of its inmates.
The Haryana unit of the BJP led by its President Krishan Pal Gurjar and other leaders, including Rattan Lal Kataria, Kishen Singh Sangwan, both former MPs, Ram Bilas Sharma and Veer Kumar Yadav, met Governor, Jagannath Pahadia here and demanded a probe by the premier investigating agency.
"It is shameful that the Hooda government had been in deep slumber, even as heinous acts were going on in the shelter home in Rohtak, the Chief Minister`s home district.
"Allegations are that the shelter home owner enjoyed patronage from powerful people and illegal acts were going on there for a long time and even the State CID department did not get a wind of this," Gurjar said after submitting a memorandum to the Governor.
He said it was astonishing that the shelter home owner was conferred with an award by the government.
Yesterday, the Haryana Government withdrew the women`s empowerment award it had conferred on Jaswanti Devi, who ran the shelter home in Rohtak.
Gurjar also said that the party had also demanded a CBI probe into the killing of a person Rajbir Yadav of Prahladgarh village in Bhiwani district, claiming that his murder was shrouded in mystery owing its connection to the powers that be.
Meanwhile, Congress leader Master Hari Singh, who also served as Political Advisor to former Chief Minister, late Bansi Lal and earlier remained political secretary of INLD President and former Chief Minister, Om Prakash Chautala, today announced his decision to join the BJP.
"This is just the beginning. Every month, you will find leaders joining our (HJC-BJP) alliance," Gurjar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Hillary Clinton makes history as first woman White House nominee
- Venezuela government seeks to ban opposition over recall 'fraud'
- WHO declares Brazil free of measles
- Lok Sabha passes child labour Bill despite opposition from children's rights activists
- India unlikely to get Kohinoor diamond back, hints UK minister