BJP demands CBI probe into Rohtak shelter home incident
Chandigarh: BJP on Tuesday demanded a CBI probe into the Rohtak `Apna Ghar` shelter home incident which has been in the news for alleged sexual abuse and torture of its inmates.
The Haryana unit of the BJP led by its President Krishan Pal Gurjar and other leaders, including Rattan Lal Kataria, Kishen Singh Sangwan, both former MPs, Ram Bilas Sharma and Veer Kumar Yadav, met Governor, Jagannath Pahadia here and demanded a probe by the premier investigating agency.
"It is shameful that the Hooda government had been in deep slumber, even as heinous acts were going on in the shelter home in Rohtak, the Chief Minister`s home district.
"Allegations are that the shelter home owner enjoyed patronage from powerful people and illegal acts were going on there for a long time and even the State CID department did not get a wind of this," Gurjar said after submitting a memorandum to the Governor.
He said it was astonishing that the shelter home owner was conferred with an award by the government.
Yesterday, the Haryana Government withdrew the women`s empowerment award it had conferred on Jaswanti Devi, who ran the shelter home in Rohtak.
Gurjar also said that the party had also demanded a CBI probe into the killing of a person Rajbir Yadav of Prahladgarh village in Bhiwani district, claiming that his murder was shrouded in mystery owing its connection to the powers that be.
Meanwhile, Congress leader Master Hari Singh, who also served as Political Advisor to former Chief Minister, late Bansi Lal and earlier remained political secretary of INLD President and former Chief Minister, Om Prakash Chautala, today announced his decision to join the BJP.
"This is just the beginning. Every month, you will find leaders joining our (HJC-BJP) alliance," Gurjar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- Newborn with Zika virus found infected 2 months after birth
- Govinda ala re! Bollywood wishes Happy Janmashtami to all—See inside
- This is how CPI-M countered BJP’s Janmashtami procession in Kerala
- Six killed, 25 injured in bus-truck collusion in China
- Rajnath Singh assures alternative to pellet guns in Kashmir; Mufti says stone-pelting, attacking security camps won't bring peace