BJP Kisan Morcha to meet Par panel on Land Bill
Rohtak: A delegation of BJP Kisan Morcha will
meet the Parliamentary Standing Committee examining the
proposed Land Acquisition Bill on November 16 and present its
Kisan Morcha National President Om Prakash Dhankar said at
Jhajjar today that the delegation would apprise the committee
of the plight of farmers who are struggling hard to sustain
their livelihood after the acquisition of their "fertile and
costly" land by the state governments at very low rate.
"Land should be acquired only for social development
instead of benefiting industrialists who later utilise the
land just to fulfil their vested interest," he said.
Dhankar alleged that the Haryana government had also taken
away thousands of acres of land from farmers in the name of
creating Special Economic Zones (SEZ).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Saints reject Kairana exodus theory, term it a 'conspiracy'
- J&K Council rejects 20 percent reservation for women in govt jobs
- Here's how Bipasha Basu, Karan Singh Grover are chilling with friends in Madrid – Pic inside
- Any exception in granting membership to NSG will disturb regional stability: Pakistan
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat will be in UK in July – know who all he will meet, what all he will do