BJP Kisan Morcha to meet Par panel on Land Bill
Rohtak: A delegation of BJP Kisan Morcha will
meet the Parliamentary Standing Committee examining the
proposed Land Acquisition Bill on November 16 and present its
Kisan Morcha National President Om Prakash Dhankar said at
Jhajjar today that the delegation would apprise the committee
of the plight of farmers who are struggling hard to sustain
their livelihood after the acquisition of their "fertile and
costly" land by the state governments at very low rate.
"Land should be acquired only for social development
instead of benefiting industrialists who later utilise the
land just to fulfil their vested interest," he said.
Dhankar alleged that the Haryana government had also taken
away thousands of acres of land from farmers in the name of
creating Special Economic Zones (SEZ).
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living