BJP Kisan Morcha to meet Par panel on Land Bill
Rohtak: A delegation of BJP Kisan Morcha will
meet the Parliamentary Standing Committee examining the
proposed Land Acquisition Bill on November 16 and present its
Kisan Morcha National President Om Prakash Dhankar said at
Jhajjar today that the delegation would apprise the committee
of the plight of farmers who are struggling hard to sustain
their livelihood after the acquisition of their "fertile and
costly" land by the state governments at very low rate.
"Land should be acquired only for social development
instead of benefiting industrialists who later utilise the
land just to fulfil their vested interest," he said.
Dhankar alleged that the Haryana government had also taken
away thousands of acres of land from farmers in the name of
creating Special Economic Zones (SEZ).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Parineeti Chopra turns 'sexy pari' for sizzling photo-shoot