BJP Kisan Morcha to meet Par panel on Land Bill
Rohtak: A delegation of BJP Kisan Morcha will
meet the Parliamentary Standing Committee examining the
proposed Land Acquisition Bill on November 16 and present its
Kisan Morcha National President Om Prakash Dhankar said at
Jhajjar today that the delegation would apprise the committee
of the plight of farmers who are struggling hard to sustain
their livelihood after the acquisition of their "fertile and
costly" land by the state governments at very low rate.
"Land should be acquired only for social development
instead of benefiting industrialists who later utilise the
land just to fulfil their vested interest," he said.
Dhankar alleged that the Haryana government had also taken
away thousands of acres of land from farmers in the name of
creating Special Economic Zones (SEZ).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?