BJP Kisan Morcha to meet Par panel on Land Bill
Rohtak: A delegation of BJP Kisan Morcha will
meet the Parliamentary Standing Committee examining the
proposed Land Acquisition Bill on November 16 and present its
Kisan Morcha National President Om Prakash Dhankar said at
Jhajjar today that the delegation would apprise the committee
of the plight of farmers who are struggling hard to sustain
their livelihood after the acquisition of their "fertile and
costly" land by the state governments at very low rate.
"Land should be acquired only for social development
instead of benefiting industrialists who later utilise the
land just to fulfil their vested interest," he said.
Dhankar alleged that the Haryana government had also taken
away thousands of acres of land from farmers in the name of
creating Special Economic Zones (SEZ).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack