BJP not in a hurry to declare PM candidate: Joshi
Patna: Senior BJP leader Murali Manohar Joshi has said the party was not in a hurry to declare its prime ministerial candidate now and described Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s demand on this as mere `suggestion`.
"It is good that Kumar has made this suggestion and the BJP will decide its prime ministerial candidate at an appropriate time," Joshi said here last evening.
Kumar had demanded that BJP declare its Prime ministerial candidate well before the 2014 Lok Sabha election.
Joshi, who is here to attend a party function, said, "BJP is in no hurry to declare its prime ministerial candidate right away."
In reply to a question, Joshi refused to get drawn into any controversy over who is suitable for the post of the prime minister -- Nitish Kumar of JD(U) or Gujarat chief minister Narendra Modi of BJP.
He also refused to make any comment on the statement of RSS Chief Mohan Bhagwat that Nitish Kumar`s model of development was better than that of Narendra Modi.
NDA allies JD(U) and BJP were ruling Bihar since November 2005.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015
- FBI probes Democratic email hack, but is Russia to blame?
- Florida shooting: Three taken into custody, more suspects sought
- Dope test scandal: After wrestler Narsingh Yadav, shot putter Inderjeet Singh tests positive for banned substance
- Historic solar flight marks first round-the-world journey