BJP not in a hurry to declare PM candidate: Joshi
Patna: Senior BJP leader Murali Manohar Joshi has said the party was not in a hurry to declare its prime ministerial candidate now and described Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s demand on this as mere `suggestion`.
"It is good that Kumar has made this suggestion and the BJP will decide its prime ministerial candidate at an appropriate time," Joshi said here last evening.
Kumar had demanded that BJP declare its Prime ministerial candidate well before the 2014 Lok Sabha election.
Joshi, who is here to attend a party function, said, "BJP is in no hurry to declare its prime ministerial candidate right away."
In reply to a question, Joshi refused to get drawn into any controversy over who is suitable for the post of the prime minister -- Nitish Kumar of JD(U) or Gujarat chief minister Narendra Modi of BJP.
He also refused to make any comment on the statement of RSS Chief Mohan Bhagwat that Nitish Kumar`s model of development was better than that of Narendra Modi.
NDA allies JD(U) and BJP were ruling Bihar since November 2005.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak