BJP not in a hurry to declare PM candidate: Joshi
Patna: Senior BJP leader Murali Manohar Joshi has said the party was not in a hurry to declare its prime ministerial candidate now and described Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s demand on this as mere `suggestion`.
"It is good that Kumar has made this suggestion and the BJP will decide its prime ministerial candidate at an appropriate time," Joshi said here last evening.
Kumar had demanded that BJP declare its Prime ministerial candidate well before the 2014 Lok Sabha election.
Joshi, who is here to attend a party function, said, "BJP is in no hurry to declare its prime ministerial candidate right away."
In reply to a question, Joshi refused to get drawn into any controversy over who is suitable for the post of the prime minister -- Nitish Kumar of JD(U) or Gujarat chief minister Narendra Modi of BJP.
He also refused to make any comment on the statement of RSS Chief Mohan Bhagwat that Nitish Kumar`s model of development was better than that of Narendra Modi.
NDA allies JD(U) and BJP were ruling Bihar since November 2005.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash