BJP not in a hurry to declare PM candidate: Joshi
Patna: Senior BJP leader Murali Manohar Joshi has said the party was not in a hurry to declare its prime ministerial candidate now and described Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s demand on this as mere `suggestion`.
"It is good that Kumar has made this suggestion and the BJP will decide its prime ministerial candidate at an appropriate time," Joshi said here last evening.
Kumar had demanded that BJP declare its Prime ministerial candidate well before the 2014 Lok Sabha election.
Joshi, who is here to attend a party function, said, "BJP is in no hurry to declare its prime ministerial candidate right away."
In reply to a question, Joshi refused to get drawn into any controversy over who is suitable for the post of the prime minister -- Nitish Kumar of JD(U) or Gujarat chief minister Narendra Modi of BJP.
He also refused to make any comment on the statement of RSS Chief Mohan Bhagwat that Nitish Kumar`s model of development was better than that of Narendra Modi.
NDA allies JD(U) and BJP were ruling Bihar since November 2005.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- JeM planning Pathankot-II with support from Pakistan's ISI, IM, conducting recce of Indian cities: Military intel
- Arijit Singh writes open letter to Salman Khan apologising and requesting him to retain ‘Sultan’ song – Here’s why
- Akshay Kumar with 'Housefull3' gang set to sizzle in saddi Dilli—See selfie!
- Megresults.nic.in & mbose.in HSSLC Results 2016: Meghalaya Board Tura Class 12th Arts exam results 2016 to be announced shortly
- Mbose.in 10th SSLC Results 2016: Megresults.nic.in Meghalaya Board SSLC Class 10th exam results 2016 to be announced shortly