BJP to begin Haryana election campaign August 14
Chandigarh: With the dates for assembly elections in Haryana likely to be announced soon, the BJP has announced that its election campaign will be launched with Vijay Sankalp Yatras from Aug 14.
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) national president Amit Shah will flag off these yatras from Mahendergarh in south Haryana.
Haryana BJP president Ram Bilas Sharma said Saturday that four yatras will be taken out across Haryana.
"This is the same venue from where Atal Bihari Vajpayee and Narendra Modi had addressed public rallies earlier," Sharma said.
Sharma will lead the yatra starting from Mahendragarh which will cover Rewari, Gurgaon, Mewat, Faridabad and Palwal, among others. This will cover 23 assembly segments in 11 days. Union ministers Rao Inderjeet Singh and Krishan Pal Gujjar will accompany him.
"The yatras will focus on corruption and favouritism in government jobs, the way Hooda government is looting farmers in the name of land acquisition, regional bias in development, no uniform development of state, atrocities committed on backward classes especially the SC women, deficient water-power, bad shape of roads, rise in un-employment to anti-people policies of the Hooda government," Sharma said.
BJP Kisan Morcha president Om Prakash Dhankar will lead the yatra starting from Bhiwani, BJP legislative group leader Anil Vij will lead the rally from Kalka and BJP national spokesman Abhimanyu will lead the rally from Sirsa.
BJP sources said that Prime Minister Narendra Modi is also likely to address a rally in Haryana this month.
Elections to the 90-member assembly are likely to be held before Oct 27, the date on which term of the present assembly gets over.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Shocking: Malaika Arora no more a 'Khan' after separation from husband Arbaaz?
- NSA Doval involved in toppling Arunachal, Uttarakhand govts: Kishore Upadhyay
- Indian Premier League 2016, Match 32: Kolkata Knight Riders vs Kings XI Punjab — As it happened...
- Non-veg food banned in Lucknow University campus, students term the decision as 'anti-Dalit'
- When Sachin Tendulkar's run-out against Pakistan triggered huge riot