BJP to file contempt petitions against Hooda govt
Chandigarh: Sharpening its attack against
the Congress-led Haryana government, BJP on Wednesday said it would
file contempt petitions against the Bhupinder Singh Hooda
regime for not seeking resignations of five MLAs, who were
declared "unattached members" by the Punjab and Haryana High
"Twenty-four hours have passed since the High Court
judgement came, Haryana CM has not demanded resignation from
five MLAs so far as they cannot hold any government post. It
is tantamount to contempt of High Court order and violation of
the constitution," BJP Legal Cell in-charge Satya Pal Jain
told reporters here today.
"A contempt petition will soon be filed against the
Haryana government," he further said.
Three of the five Satpal Sangwan, Narinder Singh and
Vinod Bhayana hold offices in the Hooda government while the
remaining two Zile Ram and Dharam Singh are simply legislators
of the ruling Congress.
Sangwan and Narinder Singh are Cabinet ministers for
Revenue and Health respectively while Bhayana is a Chief
Jain stated that all orders, if any, passed by these
MLAs after the announcement of High Court verdict will be
illegal and an insult to the Constitution.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'