BJP to file contempt petitions against Hooda govt
Chandigarh: Sharpening its attack against
the Congress-led Haryana government, BJP on Wednesday said it would
file contempt petitions against the Bhupinder Singh Hooda
regime for not seeking resignations of five MLAs, who were
declared "unattached members" by the Punjab and Haryana High
"Twenty-four hours have passed since the High Court
judgement came, Haryana CM has not demanded resignation from
five MLAs so far as they cannot hold any government post. It
is tantamount to contempt of High Court order and violation of
the constitution," BJP Legal Cell in-charge Satya Pal Jain
told reporters here today.
"A contempt petition will soon be filed against the
Haryana government," he further said.
Three of the five Satpal Sangwan, Narinder Singh and
Vinod Bhayana hold offices in the Hooda government while the
remaining two Zile Ram and Dharam Singh are simply legislators
of the ruling Congress.
Sangwan and Narinder Singh are Cabinet ministers for
Revenue and Health respectively while Bhayana is a Chief
Jain stated that all orders, if any, passed by these
MLAs after the announcement of High Court verdict will be
illegal and an insult to the Constitution.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!