BJP workers burn PM`s effigy
Ambala: BJP workers on Friday burnt the effigy
of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in front of civil secretariat
here, to protest the alleged purchase of MPs by the UPA
government in 2008 to win the vote of confidence.
Vir Kumar Yadav, general secretary of state BJP while
addressing the party workers said that Prime Minister should
tender his resignation on moral grounds.
Later talking to media persons he said that Haryana unit
of BJP will launch a state-wide campaign against corruption,
black money and price hike.
He said that the state unit will also organize rallies in
all the districts from April 6 to 15.
Yadav was referring to the correspondence mentioned in
the Wikileaks between the US Embassy in New Delhi and
Washington in which it was alleged that Congress had kept Rs
50-60 crore for buying MPs to vote in favour of the UPA-I.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?