BJP workers burn PM`s effigy
Ambala: BJP workers on Friday burnt the effigy
of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in front of civil secretariat
here, to protest the alleged purchase of MPs by the UPA
government in 2008 to win the vote of confidence.
Vir Kumar Yadav, general secretary of state BJP while
addressing the party workers said that Prime Minister should
tender his resignation on moral grounds.
Later talking to media persons he said that Haryana unit
of BJP will launch a state-wide campaign against corruption,
black money and price hike.
He said that the state unit will also organize rallies in
all the districts from April 6 to 15.
Yadav was referring to the correspondence mentioned in
the Wikileaks between the US Embassy in New Delhi and
Washington in which it was alleged that Congress had kept Rs
50-60 crore for buying MPs to vote in favour of the UPA-I.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video