BMW case: Court orders identification parade
Gurgaon: A local court today granted permission to Gurgaon Police to carry out the identification parade of Suraj Sehrawat, main accused in the BMW hit-and-run case in which two persons were killed.
The Gurgaon Police has also submitted two other pleas seeking court`s permission to get Suraj`s blood samples and the clothes he was wearing at the time of the accident for further investigation.
The court, however, rejected these pleas saying once the identity of the accused is established by the victims, the court will consider these pleas.
A pregnant woman, Kshama Chopra, and the driver of her car died on the spot when the speeding BMW hit a Tata Indigo they were travelling in on May 5 near IFFCO Chowk here. Three others in the car including her parents and husband were seriously injured.
At present, only Kshama`s husband is in a condition to identify the accused.
Suraj surrendered before the court yesterday. A few hours later, the court accepted his bail application on the surety amount of Rs 50,000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH