BMW case: Court orders identification parade
Gurgaon: A local court today granted permission to Gurgaon Police to carry out the identification parade of Suraj Sehrawat, main accused in the BMW hit-and-run case in which two persons were killed.
The Gurgaon Police has also submitted two other pleas seeking court`s permission to get Suraj`s blood samples and the clothes he was wearing at the time of the accident for further investigation.
The court, however, rejected these pleas saying once the identity of the accused is established by the victims, the court will consider these pleas.
A pregnant woman, Kshama Chopra, and the driver of her car died on the spot when the speeding BMW hit a Tata Indigo they were travelling in on May 5 near IFFCO Chowk here. Three others in the car including her parents and husband were seriously injured.
At present, only Kshama`s husband is in a condition to identify the accused.
Suraj surrendered before the court yesterday. A few hours later, the court accepted his bail application on the surety amount of Rs 50,000.
- President's Rule to continue in Uttarakhand, next hearing in SC on May 3
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part II
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part III
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part IV
- From Shahid Kapoor to Tommy Singh: Check out the eye-popping transformation for 'Udta Punjab' – Watch
- Finance Ministry defends lower interest rate on EPF, cites lack of funds
- Rahul Gandhi and Buddhadeb Bhattacharya are doing ILU ILU in WB: Amit Shah
- UP Police computer operator exam 2016: Admit card available at uppbpb.gov.in - Check dates
- Won't be giving any more statements to media: Kangana Ranaut