BMW case: Court orders identification parade
Gurgaon: A local court today granted permission to Gurgaon Police to carry out the identification parade of Suraj Sehrawat, main accused in the BMW hit-and-run case in which two persons were killed.
The Gurgaon Police has also submitted two other pleas seeking court`s permission to get Suraj`s blood samples and the clothes he was wearing at the time of the accident for further investigation.
The court, however, rejected these pleas saying once the identity of the accused is established by the victims, the court will consider these pleas.
A pregnant woman, Kshama Chopra, and the driver of her car died on the spot when the speeding BMW hit a Tata Indigo they were travelling in on May 5 near IFFCO Chowk here. Three others in the car including her parents and husband were seriously injured.
At present, only Kshama`s husband is in a condition to identify the accused.
Suraj surrendered before the court yesterday. A few hours later, the court accepted his bail application on the surety amount of Rs 50,000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Eurozone business activity strong despite Brexit: Survey
- India does not play for rankings, says Virat Kohli
- US backs Amnesty over India sedition case, says it respects group's right to express freely
- ''No Indian hand in Nepal government change''
- Daddy's little girl Priyanka Chopra remembers father on his third birth anniversary! See pic