Bodies of boy, girl fished out of canal in Haryana
Rewari: Bodies of a young girl and boy with their hands tied together were on Wednesday fished out of a canal near Sudhrana village in the district, police said.
Preeti Sharma (17-and-a-half-year old) and Ashwani Sharma (20), a BA Part I student, both residents of Sudhrana village and believed to be in love had been missing since Monday night, they said.
Station House Officer of Kosli Brahm Singh said the post mortem report, conducted at the civil hospital here, notified that their death was caused by drowning and none of the sides have complained of foul play.
Earlier, on a complaint filed by the girl`s father, police had registered a case of abduction against an unknown person, which now stood null and void, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach