Booked for rape, Haryana cop commits suicide
Chandigarh: Booked on charges of rape just a day earlier, a Haryana Police officer committed suicide Thursday inside a police station in the state`s Ambala district, an official said.
Assistant Sub Inspector (ASI) Karan Singh, 52, was reportedly under tension after a case of rape was registered against him in the Brara police station following a complaint by a woman. He shot himself in the neck with his service revolver inside a room of the Parrav police station in Ambala, 45 km from here.
The woman alleged that the ASI, who was investigating a molestation case in which she was a victim, had raped her.
The ASI, in his suicide note, named at least eight to nine people, including the woman complainant as being responsible for his death. He claimed that he was falsely implicated in the rape case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part IV
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat'
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' Part II
- MUST WATCH VIDEO: 84* off 18 balls - You wont believe who is batting....
- Brace yourself, Eid is coming! New still from Salman Khan's 'Sultan' will gear you up for trailer launch
- 'India's net FDI flows to hit USD 38 billion this fiscal'
- Did you know Avika Gor also took Cannes Film Festival by storm this year! - Pics inside
- Vijay Mallya's India woes now troubling his US beer firm