Booked for rape, Haryana cop commits suicide
Chandigarh: Booked on charges of rape just a day earlier, a Haryana Police officer committed suicide Thursday inside a police station in the state`s Ambala district, an official said.
Assistant Sub Inspector (ASI) Karan Singh, 52, was reportedly under tension after a case of rape was registered against him in the Brara police station following a complaint by a woman. He shot himself in the neck with his service revolver inside a room of the Parrav police station in Ambala, 45 km from here.
The woman alleged that the ASI, who was investigating a molestation case in which she was a victim, had raped her.
The ASI, in his suicide note, named at least eight to nine people, including the woman complainant as being responsible for his death. He claimed that he was falsely implicated in the rape case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender