Booked for rape, Haryana cop commits suicide
Chandigarh: Booked on charges of rape just a day earlier, a Haryana Police officer committed suicide Thursday inside a police station in the state`s Ambala district, an official said.
Assistant Sub Inspector (ASI) Karan Singh, 52, was reportedly under tension after a case of rape was registered against him in the Brara police station following a complaint by a woman. He shot himself in the neck with his service revolver inside a room of the Parrav police station in Ambala, 45 km from here.
The woman alleged that the ASI, who was investigating a molestation case in which she was a victim, had raped her.
The ASI, in his suicide note, named at least eight to nine people, including the woman complainant as being responsible for his death. He claimed that he was falsely implicated in the rape case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM