Booked for rape, Haryana cop commits suicide
Chandigarh: Booked on charges of rape just a day earlier, a Haryana Police officer committed suicide Thursday inside a police station in the state`s Ambala district, an official said.
Assistant Sub Inspector (ASI) Karan Singh, 52, was reportedly under tension after a case of rape was registered against him in the Brara police station following a complaint by a woman. He shot himself in the neck with his service revolver inside a room of the Parrav police station in Ambala, 45 km from here.
The woman alleged that the ASI, who was investigating a molestation case in which she was a victim, had raped her.
The ASI, in his suicide note, named at least eight to nine people, including the woman complainant as being responsible for his death. He claimed that he was falsely implicated in the rape case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez