BPL families to get rice, wheat at Rs 3 per kg in Haryana
Rewari: Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder
Singh Hooda on Thursday said that the government is planning to
provide rice and wheat to BPL families in the state at a rate
of Rs 3 per kg.
The announcement was made by the Chief Minister at a
public meeting organised to commemorate the historic battle of
Rezangla here where he laid foundation stones of 12 projects
and inaugurated another which involve an investment of Rs 131
Alleging that the area was neglected by pre-Congress
governments in the state, the Chief Minister produced data to
substantiate the charge.
Citing data on the money spent for the development of
Rewari region, he said in six years prior to the formation of
Congress government only Rs 553 crore were spent in the area,
whereas Rs 2416 crore have already been spent for the purpose
Expressing his government`s commitment to the all-round
and inclusive development of all parts of the state, he said,
"We do feel that Rewari region has not got its due, but we are
determined to provide its due with interest."
Accepting majority of the demands put up by Finance
Minister Ajay Singh Yadav, Hooda also announced that Rewari
Town Park will be christened Rezangla Martyr Park and Rewari
Regional Centre of Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak will
be named after former prime minister Indira Gandhi.=
He also announced a new bus stand for Rewari bypass and
a multi-utility sports campus for Rewari.
Hooda said that the unauthorised colonies prior to some
fixed dates would be considered for regularisation.
He also said that the government would sympathetically
consider the upgradation of Bawal as a Sub Division.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video