BPL families to get rice, wheat at Rs 3 per kg in Haryana
Rewari: Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder
Singh Hooda on Thursday said that the government is planning to
provide rice and wheat to BPL families in the state at a rate
of Rs 3 per kg.
The announcement was made by the Chief Minister at a
public meeting organised to commemorate the historic battle of
Rezangla here where he laid foundation stones of 12 projects
and inaugurated another which involve an investment of Rs 131
Alleging that the area was neglected by pre-Congress
governments in the state, the Chief Minister produced data to
substantiate the charge.
Citing data on the money spent for the development of
Rewari region, he said in six years prior to the formation of
Congress government only Rs 553 crore were spent in the area,
whereas Rs 2416 crore have already been spent for the purpose
Expressing his government`s commitment to the all-round
and inclusive development of all parts of the state, he said,
"We do feel that Rewari region has not got its due, but we are
determined to provide its due with interest."
Accepting majority of the demands put up by Finance
Minister Ajay Singh Yadav, Hooda also announced that Rewari
Town Park will be christened Rezangla Martyr Park and Rewari
Regional Centre of Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak will
be named after former prime minister Indira Gandhi.=
He also announced a new bus stand for Rewari bypass and
a multi-utility sports campus for Rewari.
Hooda said that the unauthorised colonies prior to some
fixed dates would be considered for regularisation.
He also said that the government would sympathetically
consider the upgradation of Bawal as a Sub Division.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...