BPL families to get rice, wheat at Rs 3 per kg in Haryana
Rewari: Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder
Singh Hooda on Thursday said that the government is planning to
provide rice and wheat to BPL families in the state at a rate
of Rs 3 per kg.
The announcement was made by the Chief Minister at a
public meeting organised to commemorate the historic battle of
Rezangla here where he laid foundation stones of 12 projects
and inaugurated another which involve an investment of Rs 131
Alleging that the area was neglected by pre-Congress
governments in the state, the Chief Minister produced data to
substantiate the charge.
Citing data on the money spent for the development of
Rewari region, he said in six years prior to the formation of
Congress government only Rs 553 crore were spent in the area,
whereas Rs 2416 crore have already been spent for the purpose
Expressing his government`s commitment to the all-round
and inclusive development of all parts of the state, he said,
"We do feel that Rewari region has not got its due, but we are
determined to provide its due with interest."
Accepting majority of the demands put up by Finance
Minister Ajay Singh Yadav, Hooda also announced that Rewari
Town Park will be christened Rezangla Martyr Park and Rewari
Regional Centre of Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak will
be named after former prime minister Indira Gandhi.=
He also announced a new bus stand for Rewari bypass and
a multi-utility sports campus for Rewari.
Hooda said that the unauthorised colonies prior to some
fixed dates would be considered for regularisation.
He also said that the government would sympathetically
consider the upgradation of Bawal as a Sub Division.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them