Brahmins in Haryana demand quota in govt jobs
Bhiwani (Har): Demanding reservation in
government jobs, members of Brahmin community in Haryana on Monday threatened to launch an agitation if their demand was not met.
"The Brahmins of the state have been demanding reservation
for the past several years but the government has not paid
heed to it," the state convenor of Brahmin Aarkshan Sangharsh
Samiti, Umesh Sharma, said addressing `Brahmin Ekta Rally`
Twenty-two per cent Brahmins in Haryana are not in a good
state and are backward, so they deserve reservation, the state
president of the Samiti, Pandit Hari Ram Dixit, said.
He said Brahmins had raised demand of reservation before
Jats but the state government has been ignoring their
The organistion will submit a memorandum in this regard to
the Governor at Chandigarh on February 26 and if the demand is
not met, it will hold a demonstration at Jantar Mantar in New
Delhi and file a petition in the Supreme Court.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader