Brahmins in Haryana demand quota in govt jobs
Bhiwani (Har): Demanding reservation in
government jobs, members of Brahmin community in Haryana on Monday threatened to launch an agitation if their demand was not met.
"The Brahmins of the state have been demanding reservation
for the past several years but the government has not paid
heed to it," the state convenor of Brahmin Aarkshan Sangharsh
Samiti, Umesh Sharma, said addressing `Brahmin Ekta Rally`
Twenty-two per cent Brahmins in Haryana are not in a good
state and are backward, so they deserve reservation, the state
president of the Samiti, Pandit Hari Ram Dixit, said.
He said Brahmins had raised demand of reservation before
Jats but the state government has been ignoring their
The organistion will submit a memorandum in this regard to
the Governor at Chandigarh on February 26 and if the demand is
not met, it will hold a demonstration at Jantar Mantar in New
Delhi and file a petition in the Supreme Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city