Brahmins in Haryana demand quota in govt jobs
Bhiwani (Har): Demanding reservation in
government jobs, members of Brahmin community in Haryana on Monday threatened to launch an agitation if their demand was not met.
"The Brahmins of the state have been demanding reservation
for the past several years but the government has not paid
heed to it," the state convenor of Brahmin Aarkshan Sangharsh
Samiti, Umesh Sharma, said addressing `Brahmin Ekta Rally`
Twenty-two per cent Brahmins in Haryana are not in a good
state and are backward, so they deserve reservation, the state
president of the Samiti, Pandit Hari Ram Dixit, said.
He said Brahmins had raised demand of reservation before
Jats but the state government has been ignoring their
The organistion will submit a memorandum in this regard to
the Governor at Chandigarh on February 26 and if the demand is
not met, it will hold a demonstration at Jantar Mantar in New
Delhi and file a petition in the Supreme Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Narendra Modi and Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum