Budget session of Haryana Assembly starts today
Chandigarh: The Budget session of the Haryana Assembly will begin on Friday, with opposition parties expected to confront the government on a host of issues including the cash-for-land use licence (CLU) scandal.
With Lok Sabha polls round-the-corner and state Assembly elections due later this year, the Bhupinder Singh Hooda led Congress government is likely to announce sops for various sections in its budget.
The Business Advisory Committee of the House will meet here tomorrow under the chairmanship of the Assembly Speaker, in which the duration of the Budget session, the date of the presentation of the Budget estimates for 2014-15, among other things will be decided, official sources said.
The sources said that the session is likely to be of a short duration, but final decision will be taken when the Committee meets tomorrow.
Keeping in view a few unsavoury incidents happening in the Parliament and J and K Assembly recently, tight security measures would be in place inside the Haryana Assembly so that no untoward incident takes place, the sources said.
Opposition parties, meanwhile, are gearing up to take on the government on a host of issues including corruption, law and order, water and power, employees issues, alleged land scams, alleged regional bias in development and other issues.
Main opposition Indian National Lok Dal (INLD) senior leader and party MLA, Abhay Singh Chautala will lead a delegation of his party legislators and submit a memorandum to the Governor to demand implementation of the Haryana Lokayukta report, after the body had last month recommended the registration of a case against Chief Parliamentary Secretary Ram Kishan Fauji in a cash-for-land use licence (CLU) scandal.
The order from Lokayukta had recently come following a complaint, along with a video CD (which was released to media by INLD earlier), which showed Fauji, Congress MLA from Bawani Khera in Bhiwani district, allegedly demanding Rs 5 crore from the complainant to get him a CLU for a piece of land in Gurgaon district.
However, Fauji, had dubbed the video as "doctored" and said it was an attempt by the INLD to malign his image.
Meanwhile, the INLD attack on the treasury benches on various issues will be spearheaded by Abhay Chautala, who along with state unit chief Ashok Arora, has been leading the party in the absence of jailed leaders Om Prakash Chautala and Ajay Singh Chautala.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof