Budget session of Haryana Assembly starts today
Chandigarh: The Budget session of the Haryana Assembly will begin on Friday, with opposition parties expected to confront the government on a host of issues including the cash-for-land use licence (CLU) scandal.
With Lok Sabha polls round-the-corner and state Assembly elections due later this year, the Bhupinder Singh Hooda led Congress government is likely to announce sops for various sections in its budget.
The Business Advisory Committee of the House will meet here tomorrow under the chairmanship of the Assembly Speaker, in which the duration of the Budget session, the date of the presentation of the Budget estimates for 2014-15, among other things will be decided, official sources said.
The sources said that the session is likely to be of a short duration, but final decision will be taken when the Committee meets tomorrow.
Keeping in view a few unsavoury incidents happening in the Parliament and J and K Assembly recently, tight security measures would be in place inside the Haryana Assembly so that no untoward incident takes place, the sources said.
Opposition parties, meanwhile, are gearing up to take on the government on a host of issues including corruption, law and order, water and power, employees issues, alleged land scams, alleged regional bias in development and other issues.
Main opposition Indian National Lok Dal (INLD) senior leader and party MLA, Abhay Singh Chautala will lead a delegation of his party legislators and submit a memorandum to the Governor to demand implementation of the Haryana Lokayukta report, after the body had last month recommended the registration of a case against Chief Parliamentary Secretary Ram Kishan Fauji in a cash-for-land use licence (CLU) scandal.
The order from Lokayukta had recently come following a complaint, along with a video CD (which was released to media by INLD earlier), which showed Fauji, Congress MLA from Bawani Khera in Bhiwani district, allegedly demanding Rs 5 crore from the complainant to get him a CLU for a piece of land in Gurgaon district.
However, Fauji, had dubbed the video as "doctored" and said it was an attempt by the INLD to malign his image.
Meanwhile, the INLD attack on the treasury benches on various issues will be spearheaded by Abhay Chautala, who along with state unit chief Ashok Arora, has been leading the party in the absence of jailed leaders Om Prakash Chautala and Ajay Singh Chautala.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'