Can`t predict outcome of polls, not a soothsayer: Haryana Minister
Chandigarh: Haryana Excise and Taxation Minister Kiran Choudhry on Saturday refused to hazard a guess on what could be the outcome of Delhi assembly polls, saying she was not a soothsayer and firmly believed in doing her job honestly and diligently and leaving it to people to decide.
When asked about the outcome of the Delhi assembly polls, Choudhry said, "I am not a soothsayer or a fortune teller... people make this choice."
Interacting with reporters here, Choudhry, who also holds the portfolio of Public Health Engineering, said, "I believe in doing my work honestly and diligently and leave the rest to the people."
When asked about Gurgaon MP Rao Inderjit Singh`s decision not to fight polls on Congress ticket, Choudhry said, "People come and go during election season; such things happen."
Choudhry also played down differences with Haryana Minister Satpal Sangwan, saying, "There are no issues with him. These are sweet nothings..."
She also played down the issue of factionalism within Haryana unit of the Congress, saying, "Our party is vibrant and people have right to put their views."
To another question that Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda, who is her known detractor, had made announcements at a party rally in Gohana on November 10 before seeking approval of his cabinet, Choudhry said, "I didnt think about it earlier, honestly. You have given me food for thought."
Choudhry and her MP-daughter Shruti had participated in the Gohana rally.
Choudhry also said that her daughter Shruti would definitely contest the next Lok Sabha election.
To a query about senior IAS officer Ashok Khemka being chargesheeted by the Haryana Government, she said she would not comment on it as it was something she did not know.
"How can I comment about something I don`t know. I only speak on the issues about which I am fully assured," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state