Case booked against 3 persons for property fraud
Faridabad: A case has been registered against three persons on charges that they duped a buyer in a property deal by tweaking the ownership details.
According to police, Ashok Kumar, the director of a private firm in the city, had bought a property in Sector 21 from one Rajiv Narula in June 2010 after paying Rs 1 crore 37 lakh for the same. The deal was executed in the presence of two witnesses, identified as NK Sharma and Amit Chakrapani.
But Kumar said that when he went to the Haryana Urban Development Authority to register the property in his name, he found it already registered in the name of the two witnesses although, at the time of the deal, it was Narula who was shown as the owner.
Kumar thus alleges that Narula drew up fake property papers and also tampered with the general power of attorney for the property.
Based on Kumar`s complaint, police have booked a case against Narula, Sharma and Chakrapani and are conducting a probe into the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority