Case registered against 6 persons for illegal sand mining
Chandigarh: A case has been registered against six persons for allegedly stealing sand from river Yamuna in Faridabad district.
During patrolling, a police team got information that some persons were filling a tractor trolley with sand stolen from river Yamuna.
Acting swiftly on the information, a police team reached village Kherikalan and saw that some people were loading a tractor trolley with sand with the help of a machine.
When the police seized the equipment and the sand, some villagers came and manhandled the police personnel and got the machine released.
A case has been registered against six persons for illegal sand mining and attacking the police personnel.
In a separate incident, two persons from Mewat have also been arrested for sand mining.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family