Case registered against 6 persons for illegal sand mining
Chandigarh: A case has been registered against six persons for allegedly stealing sand from river Yamuna in Faridabad district.
During patrolling, a police team got information that some persons were filling a tractor trolley with sand stolen from river Yamuna.
Acting swiftly on the information, a police team reached village Kherikalan and saw that some people were loading a tractor trolley with sand with the help of a machine.
When the police seized the equipment and the sand, some villagers came and manhandled the police personnel and got the machine released.
A case has been registered against six persons for illegal sand mining and attacking the police personnel.
In a separate incident, two persons from Mewat have also been arrested for sand mining.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'