Case registered against 6 persons for illegal sand mining
Chandigarh: A case has been registered against six persons for allegedly stealing sand from river Yamuna in Faridabad district.
During patrolling, a police team got information that some persons were filling a tractor trolley with sand stolen from river Yamuna.
Acting swiftly on the information, a police team reached village Kherikalan and saw that some people were loading a tractor trolley with sand with the help of a machine.
When the police seized the equipment and the sand, some villagers came and manhandled the police personnel and got the machine released.
A case has been registered against six persons for illegal sand mining and attacking the police personnel.
In a separate incident, two persons from Mewat have also been arrested for sand mining.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!