Case registered against firm for not depositing employees` PF
Rewari: A case of cheating was registered against a firm for not depositing employees` provident fund to the tune of Rs 28 lakh, police said on Monday.
A complaint was lodged by an Executive Engineer of Haryana power utility alleging a firm of misappropriating a sum of over Rs 28 lakh by not depositing provident fund of 40 linemen, assistant linemen for the period between February 2010 and November 2012, police said.
The alleged firm outsourced linemen and assistant linemen to the power utility.
A case of cheating and criminal breach of trust has been registered against the firm, police said.
The complainant alleged that the company used to submit fake challans of depositing provident fund of employees with the office of the Regional Provident Fund Commissioner at Chandigarh.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'