Case registered against firm for not depositing employees` PF
Rewari: A case of cheating was registered against a firm for not depositing employees` provident fund to the tune of Rs 28 lakh, police said on Monday.
A complaint was lodged by an Executive Engineer of Haryana power utility alleging a firm of misappropriating a sum of over Rs 28 lakh by not depositing provident fund of 40 linemen, assistant linemen for the period between February 2010 and November 2012, police said.
The alleged firm outsourced linemen and assistant linemen to the power utility.
A case of cheating and criminal breach of trust has been registered against the firm, police said.
The complainant alleged that the company used to submit fake challans of depositing provident fund of employees with the office of the Regional Provident Fund Commissioner at Chandigarh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- From waiter to an Olympian in Rio: This is India's unsung hero Manish Rawat's story – HATS OFF!
- Do you know how harmful leading a sedentary lifestyle is? - Read
- HILARIOUS! Indian Twitter roasts Sanjay Manjrekar for siding with Piers Morgan
- Minor gang-raped in UP's Etah
- Three drowned as car plunges into canal in UP