Case registered against firm for not depositing employees` PF
Rewari: A case of cheating was registered against a firm for not depositing employees` provident fund to the tune of Rs 28 lakh, police said on Monday.
A complaint was lodged by an Executive Engineer of Haryana power utility alleging a firm of misappropriating a sum of over Rs 28 lakh by not depositing provident fund of 40 linemen, assistant linemen for the period between February 2010 and November 2012, police said.
The alleged firm outsourced linemen and assistant linemen to the power utility.
A case of cheating and criminal breach of trust has been registered against the firm, police said.
The complainant alleged that the company used to submit fake challans of depositing provident fund of employees with the office of the Regional Provident Fund Commissioner at Chandigarh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test