Case registered against firm for not depositing employees` PF
Rewari: A case of cheating was registered against a firm for not depositing employees` provident fund to the tune of Rs 28 lakh, police said on Monday.
A complaint was lodged by an Executive Engineer of Haryana power utility alleging a firm of misappropriating a sum of over Rs 28 lakh by not depositing provident fund of 40 linemen, assistant linemen for the period between February 2010 and November 2012, police said.
The alleged firm outsourced linemen and assistant linemen to the power utility.
A case of cheating and criminal breach of trust has been registered against the firm, police said.
The complainant alleged that the company used to submit fake challans of depositing provident fund of employees with the office of the Regional Provident Fund Commissioner at Chandigarh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery