CBI asked to give ED documents in DA case
New Delhi: CBI has been directed by a Delhi
court to provide Enforcement Directorate (ED) its documents
relating to a disproportionate assets case against former
Haryana Chief Minister Om Prakash Chautala to help the
latter`s probe into a money-laundering case against him.
Special CBI Judge Rajiv Mehra`s order came on a plea by
ED seeking CBI documents for probing a case against Chautala
registered under the provisions of Prevention of Money
Laundering Act (PMLA).
"The application is allowed, permitting the Directorate
of Enforcement to obtain the certified copies as per the
process of law," said the court.
ED had sought CBI documents relating to the excess assets
case against Chautala in a plea filed on September 13 through
its Special Public Prosecutor Naveen Kumar Matta.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE class 10th results 2016 declared; with 96.36% pass percentage, girls outshine boys
- Pakistan fails to seal F-16 fighter jets deal with US, says report
- Sensational: New Zealand teenager Glenn Phillips hits 6 sixes in an over
- 'A Wednesday' veterans Anupam Kher, Naseeruddin Shah spar over Kashmiri Pandits - Details inside
- National Anthem disrespect: Farooq Abdullah offers apology, says 'sorry, if I offended anyone'