CBI asked to give ED documents in DA case
New Delhi: CBI has been directed by a Delhi
court to provide Enforcement Directorate (ED) its documents
relating to a disproportionate assets case against former
Haryana Chief Minister Om Prakash Chautala to help the
latter`s probe into a money-laundering case against him.
Special CBI Judge Rajiv Mehra`s order came on a plea by
ED seeking CBI documents for probing a case against Chautala
registered under the provisions of Prevention of Money
Laundering Act (PMLA).
"The application is allowed, permitting the Directorate
of Enforcement to obtain the certified copies as per the
process of law," said the court.
ED had sought CBI documents relating to the excess assets
case against Chautala in a plea filed on September 13 through
its Special Public Prosecutor Naveen Kumar Matta.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India