CBI asked to give ED documents in DA case
New Delhi: CBI has been directed by a Delhi
court to provide Enforcement Directorate (ED) its documents
relating to a disproportionate assets case against former
Haryana Chief Minister Om Prakash Chautala to help the
latter`s probe into a money-laundering case against him.
Special CBI Judge Rajiv Mehra`s order came on a plea by
ED seeking CBI documents for probing a case against Chautala
registered under the provisions of Prevention of Money
Laundering Act (PMLA).
"The application is allowed, permitting the Directorate
of Enforcement to obtain the certified copies as per the
process of law," said the court.
ED had sought CBI documents relating to the excess assets
case against Chautala in a plea filed on September 13 through
its Special Public Prosecutor Naveen Kumar Matta.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state