CBI begins probe into shelter home abuse
Rohtak: Months after 94 children, mostly girls, were rescued from a shelter home run by an NGO here, CBI on Tuesday began its probe into allegations of sexual abuse, physical and mental torture of inmates there.
CBI joint director Anila Palta and Deputy Inspector General Mahesh Aggarwal held a meeting with police and civil administrative officers and checked official records of the shelter home and the outcome of preliminary investigation conducted by the local police into the matter.
They also interacted with the Special Investigation Team constituted by Haryana DGP Ranjeev Singh Dalal to inquire into alleged involvement of local police officials in the episode.
The investigation would be impartial and the victims would get justice, Palta told reporters later.
"We have just started the probe and various sorts of records and files pertaining to Apna Ghar are being collected," he said, adding that the accused would also be taken on remand again, whose statements were required for comprehensive investigation.
The shelter home run by an NGO Bharat Vikas Sangh had landed in controversy when a team of National Commission for Protection of Child Rights had rescued 94 children, mostly girls after carrying out a surprise raid there on May 9.
Ten persons, including its caretaker Jaswanti Devi and a former SI of Haryana Police Bhim Singh Ranga, have so far been arrested in connection with the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people