CBI files charge sheet in Rohtak Apna Ghar case
Chandigarh: The CBI today filed a charge sheet in a Panchkula court against seven accused in the Rohtak `Apna Ghar` shelter home case.
The charge sheet was filed against Jaswanti Devi, the woman who ran the shelter home, her daughter Sushma alias Simmi, brother Jaswant Singh, son-in-law Jai Bhagwan, cousin Sheela and two other accused Veena and Satish.
The investigations against three other accused in the case - former probe officer Bhim Singh Ranga, Harvinder Singh and Dayanand are still on, the Court of Special Magistrate, CBI, Panchkula, Gurvinder Kaur, was informed by the CBI counsel.
The charge sheet was filed under various sections of the IPC including 313 (abortion carried out forcibly/without consent), 120-B (conspiracy), 323 (criminal assault), 374 (forcing a person to indulge in labour work unlawfully), 376 (rape) and 506 (criminal intimidation).
Ranga, Harvinder and Dayanand have filed bail pleas and CBI has been asked by the Court to give its reply on August 9.
On July 18, all the ten accused in the Apna Ghar shelter home case were produced before a Panchkula court after which all of them were remanded in judicial custody.
Ranga, a former sub-inspector of Haryana Police who had retired recently, was earlier charged with illegally handing over the case property, including cell phones and laptops, to accused Dayananad.
Jaswanti Devi had earlier claimed that she had been framed in the case by some NGOs out of rivalry as her Bharat Vikas Sangh NGO, which ran the Rohtak-based shelter home, had got an award from the state government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America