CBI files charge sheet in Rohtak Apna Ghar case
Chandigarh: The CBI today filed a charge sheet in a Panchkula court against seven accused in the Rohtak `Apna Ghar` shelter home case.
The charge sheet was filed against Jaswanti Devi, the woman who ran the shelter home, her daughter Sushma alias Simmi, brother Jaswant Singh, son-in-law Jai Bhagwan, cousin Sheela and two other accused Veena and Satish.
The investigations against three other accused in the case - former probe officer Bhim Singh Ranga, Harvinder Singh and Dayanand are still on, the Court of Special Magistrate, CBI, Panchkula, Gurvinder Kaur, was informed by the CBI counsel.
The charge sheet was filed under various sections of the IPC including 313 (abortion carried out forcibly/without consent), 120-B (conspiracy), 323 (criminal assault), 374 (forcing a person to indulge in labour work unlawfully), 376 (rape) and 506 (criminal intimidation).
Ranga, Harvinder and Dayanand have filed bail pleas and CBI has been asked by the Court to give its reply on August 9.
On July 18, all the ten accused in the Apna Ghar shelter home case were produced before a Panchkula court after which all of them were remanded in judicial custody.
Ranga, a former sub-inspector of Haryana Police who had retired recently, was earlier charged with illegally handing over the case property, including cell phones and laptops, to accused Dayananad.
Jaswanti Devi had earlier claimed that she had been framed in the case by some NGOs out of rivalry as her Bharat Vikas Sangh NGO, which ran the Rohtak-based shelter home, had got an award from the state government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets