CBI quizzes former Haryana minister Jain in murder case
Chandigarh: Former Haryana minister Om Parkash Jain was on Monday interrogated by the CBI officials in connection with the murder of a village head in Karnal district in 2011.
Jain, an independent MLA from Panipat (rural), was booked last year along with former Chief Parliamentary Secretary Zile Ram for the murder of Karam Singh, the sarpanch.
The victim Sarpanch had lodged complaints of forgery and cheating against Jain and Zile Ram before his mysterious death on June 7, 2011.
Karam had accused Jain and Zile Ram for allegedly duping him and his relatives to the tune of around Rs 13 lakh with the promise of providing his kin government jobs.
The former minister, who was summoned for investigation, was questioned in two sessions, CBI sources said, adding that Jain was interrogated by a SP-rank official.
Zile Ram has already been questioned in the case.
Sources said during interrogation, Jain refused to accept that he had taken money from Karam Singh on the pretext of providing government jobs to his kin and that his recorded statement will be tallied with the statements of Zile Ram.
Karam`s son Rajinder Singh had approached the Punjab and Haryana High Court after the Haryana police had given a clean chit to both the accused.
On August 31 last year, the high court had ordered a CBI probe into the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!