CBI quizzes former Haryana minister Jain in murder case
Chandigarh: Former Haryana minister Om Parkash Jain was on Monday interrogated by the CBI officials in connection with the murder of a village head in Karnal district in 2011.
Jain, an independent MLA from Panipat (rural), was booked last year along with former Chief Parliamentary Secretary Zile Ram for the murder of Karam Singh, the sarpanch.
The victim Sarpanch had lodged complaints of forgery and cheating against Jain and Zile Ram before his mysterious death on June 7, 2011.
Karam had accused Jain and Zile Ram for allegedly duping him and his relatives to the tune of around Rs 13 lakh with the promise of providing his kin government jobs.
The former minister, who was summoned for investigation, was questioned in two sessions, CBI sources said, adding that Jain was interrogated by a SP-rank official.
Zile Ram has already been questioned in the case.
Sources said during interrogation, Jain refused to accept that he had taken money from Karam Singh on the pretext of providing government jobs to his kin and that his recorded statement will be tallied with the statements of Zile Ram.
Karam`s son Rajinder Singh had approached the Punjab and Haryana High Court after the Haryana police had given a clean chit to both the accused.
On August 31 last year, the high court had ordered a CBI probe into the matter.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended