CBI wants cases against Chautalas in one court
New Delhi: The CBI on Friday moved a Delhi court seeking transfer of all three disproportionate assets cases against Haryana`s former Chief Minister Om Prakash Chautala and his two sons, Ajay and Abhay, to a single court.
The CBI`s plea to the court of District Judge Sunita Gupta came in the wake of all three cases involving Chautala clan getting transferred to two different courts - two to different judges in Karkardooma court complex and the third one to a judge in Rohini Court premises.
The CBI sought transfer of all the three cases to a single judge at one and the same court, arguing that their trials at three different courts will lead to inordinate delay in holding and concluding them.
On the CBI`s plea, made by Special Public Prosecutor AK Dutta, District Judge Gupta issued notices to Chautala and his two sons besides five other co-accused in the three cases. The court sought their replies by January 18, 2012.
"Now all the three cases are being tried in different courts and the some evidence is common in the cases. In this way, trials will take a long time in reaching conclusion. We want that the cases should be shifted to a single court," said
Initially all the three cases were being tried at Karkardooma court by District Judge PS Teji.
In September, District Judge Teji had transferred OP Chautala`s case to Special CBI Judge Rajiv Mehra, while the case against Abhay Chautala remained with him.
On a plea by Haryana MLA Ajay Chautala, his case, which was being heard by Teji, was transferred to Special CBI Judge Vinod Kumar at Rohini Courts complex early this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’