CCTV footage: Haryana policeman shoots doctor
Karnal: Haryana Police have arrested the assistant sub-inspector (ASI) of police, who allegedly shot at a doctor at the Kalpana Chawla Government Medical College and Hospital, in Karnal early Wednesday after the doctor refused to give him a fake report.
Accused assistant sub-inspector, Kashmira Singh, was allegedly in an inebriated condition at the time of the incident.
Hospital CCTV clearly shows Singh opening fire from his service pistol at Dr Nipun Kalra.
Kalra, however, escaped unhurt.
According to Dr Kalra, a uniformed Singh wanted him to prepare a false medio-legal report to implicate someone.
The interaction is said to have taken place in Dr Kalra`s cabin at the trauma centre at 2.45 am.
Singh was accompanied by his son and wanted a false medical report for his relative which would help to nail someone in a case of attempt to murder.
When Dr Kalra refused do so, an angry Kashmira Singh took out his service revolver and shot at him.
Dr Kalra also alleged that the police failed to take immediate action on his complaint.
Later, Deputy Superintendent of Police Joginder Rathee arrived at the hospital and had Singh booked.
Dr Kalra has been provided a police cover in the wake of the incident.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India