CCTV footage: Haryana policeman shoots doctor
Karnal: Haryana Police have arrested the assistant sub-inspector (ASI) of police, who allegedly shot at a doctor at the Kalpana Chawla Government Medical College and Hospital, in Karnal early Wednesday after the doctor refused to give him a fake report.
Accused assistant sub-inspector, Kashmira Singh, was allegedly in an inebriated condition at the time of the incident.
Hospital CCTV clearly shows Singh opening fire from his service pistol at Dr Nipun Kalra.
Kalra, however, escaped unhurt.
According to Dr Kalra, a uniformed Singh wanted him to prepare a false medio-legal report to implicate someone.
The interaction is said to have taken place in Dr Kalra`s cabin at the trauma centre at 2.45 am.
Singh was accompanied by his son and wanted a false medical report for his relative which would help to nail someone in a case of attempt to murder.
When Dr Kalra refused do so, an angry Kashmira Singh took out his service revolver and shot at him.
Dr Kalra also alleged that the police failed to take immediate action on his complaint.
Later, Deputy Superintendent of Police Joginder Rathee arrived at the hospital and had Singh booked.
Dr Kalra has been provided a police cover in the wake of the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University