CCTV footage: Haryana policeman shoots doctor
Karnal: Haryana Police have arrested the assistant sub-inspector (ASI) of police, who allegedly shot at a doctor at the Kalpana Chawla Government Medical College and Hospital, in Karnal early Wednesday after the doctor refused to give him a fake report.
Accused assistant sub-inspector, Kashmira Singh, was allegedly in an inebriated condition at the time of the incident.
Hospital CCTV clearly shows Singh opening fire from his service pistol at Dr Nipun Kalra.
Kalra, however, escaped unhurt.
According to Dr Kalra, a uniformed Singh wanted him to prepare a false medio-legal report to implicate someone.
The interaction is said to have taken place in Dr Kalra`s cabin at the trauma centre at 2.45 am.
Singh was accompanied by his son and wanted a false medical report for his relative which would help to nail someone in a case of attempt to murder.
When Dr Kalra refused do so, an angry Kashmira Singh took out his service revolver and shot at him.
Dr Kalra also alleged that the police failed to take immediate action on his complaint.
Later, Deputy Superintendent of Police Joginder Rathee arrived at the hospital and had Singh booked.
Dr Kalra has been provided a police cover in the wake of the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok