Centre approves Bajra centre for Agri University
Chandigarh: The Union Ministry of Agriculture has approved a Centre of Excellence for pearl millet (Bajra) for Chaudhary Charan Singh Haryana Agricultural University (HAU) at Hisar.
The Union Ministry under its Initiative for Nutrition Security through Intensive Millet Production (INSIMP) had approved this Centre of Excellence along with an allocation of Rs 1 crore for the year 2011-12, a university spokesman said on Friday.
The Centre would focus on development of bio-fortified white grain pearl millet hybrids and refinement of already developed techniques of processing and value addition of pearl millet.
Besides, training programmes for capacity building of farmers, entrepreneurs and extension specialists would be organized and initiatives would be taken to develop market linkages between processors and producers, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie