Centre approves Bajra centre for Agri University
Chandigarh: The Union Ministry of Agriculture has approved a Centre of Excellence for pearl millet (Bajra) for Chaudhary Charan Singh Haryana Agricultural University (HAU) at Hisar.
The Union Ministry under its Initiative for Nutrition Security through Intensive Millet Production (INSIMP) had approved this Centre of Excellence along with an allocation of Rs 1 crore for the year 2011-12, a university spokesman said on Friday.
The Centre would focus on development of bio-fortified white grain pearl millet hybrids and refinement of already developed techniques of processing and value addition of pearl millet.
Besides, training programmes for capacity building of farmers, entrepreneurs and extension specialists would be organized and initiatives would be taken to develop market linkages between processors and producers, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre