Centre approves Bajra centre for Agri University
Chandigarh: The Union Ministry of Agriculture has approved a Centre of Excellence for pearl millet (Bajra) for Chaudhary Charan Singh Haryana Agricultural University (HAU) at Hisar.
The Union Ministry under its Initiative for Nutrition Security through Intensive Millet Production (INSIMP) had approved this Centre of Excellence along with an allocation of Rs 1 crore for the year 2011-12, a university spokesman said on Friday.
The Centre would focus on development of bio-fortified white grain pearl millet hybrids and refinement of already developed techniques of processing and value addition of pearl millet.
Besides, training programmes for capacity building of farmers, entrepreneurs and extension specialists would be organized and initiatives would be taken to develop market linkages between processors and producers, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town