Centre asks Haryana to start women`s cells
New Delhi: Concerned over spurt in crime against women in Haryana, the Centre has asked the state government to set up women`s cell in every district for registering complaints and start anti-stalking helplines.
In a communication, the Home Ministry asked the Bhupinder Singh Hooda government to give top priority to distress calls from women and investigate all crime against them after promptly registering FIRs.
Sources said the state government has been asked to give direction to all district Superintendents of Police to report the Director General of Police every day if there is any crime against a woman in their area of jurisdiction, send an action taken report and depute women police personnel for receiving complaint.
The Haryana government has also been advised to carry out area dominance by police in places where frequent incidents of crime against women were reported to instill confidence among people.
"The state government has specially been asked to start anti-stalking helplines to offer help to those who are in distress," a source said.
The directive comes close on the heels of a visit of UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi to Haryana following several incidents of alleged rape in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof