Centre asks Haryana to start women`s cells
New Delhi: Concerned over spurt in crime against women in Haryana, the Centre has asked the state government to set up women`s cell in every district for registering complaints and start anti-stalking helplines.
In a communication, the Home Ministry asked the Bhupinder Singh Hooda government to give top priority to distress calls from women and investigate all crime against them after promptly registering FIRs.
Sources said the state government has been asked to give direction to all district Superintendents of Police to report the Director General of Police every day if there is any crime against a woman in their area of jurisdiction, send an action taken report and depute women police personnel for receiving complaint.
The Haryana government has also been advised to carry out area dominance by police in places where frequent incidents of crime against women were reported to instill confidence among people.
"The state government has specially been asked to start anti-stalking helplines to offer help to those who are in distress," a source said.
The directive comes close on the heels of a visit of UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi to Haryana following several incidents of alleged rape in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery